Senior R&D Engineering Specialist
Publication date:14 March 2023
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.
Senior R&D Engineering Specialist
Location: Orbe, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé System Technology Centre NSTC
Act. Rate: Full-Time
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Start date: As soon as possible
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
The Nestlé System Technology Centre (NSTC) in Orbe is Nestlé's leading R&D centre for the design, development and deployment of Nestlé delivery systems, offering expertise in machines, packaging and products for in-home and out-of-home.
Our vision is to be the world's leading center for breakthrough System innovation that actively cultivates its unique mix of people and expertise. We create innovative and sustainable food & beverages systems, in partnership with businesses, to amaze our consumers. Our NSTC core values - Excellence, Determination, One-team spirit, and Trust - drive us every day in everything we do.
As a "R&D Senior Engineering Specialist", you will drive complex innovative development projects related to design and startup of portioned beverage production lines with high business impact. You will deliver technical solutions in full alignment with business needs, close collaboration with markets & factories project teams and external partners in the context of enabling Nestlé to reach sustainable commitments regarding packaging end of life.
With a fundamental focus on filling & sealing packaging lines (primary and secondary), you will implement new technology within operations to create a technical competitive advantage for our businesses. It's a fantastic opportunity to lead strategic projects that will be key to foster Nestlé's long-term growth.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Engineering Specialist
- Lead technical projects to design and deploy portioned beverages filling & sealing lines ensuring best in class key performances indicators (safety, quality, total delivery cost)
- Lead scouting and developments of packaging lines with internal network, external partners and suppliers
- Manage NSTC Capex envelopes in close collaboration with finance and all department using NIMT tool
- Identify opportunities for patentable technologies and processes
- Ensure best in class project management
- Support industrialization start-ups, follow-up product launches, including technical assistance to manufacturing sites
- Manage knowledge building and knowledge transfer to different Nestlé sites
What will make you successful
- Master's degree in Engineering / Automation / Packaging Technology
- 10 years' experience in development and implementation of new technical solution in FMCG
- Expertise in Capex management
- Strong project management in R&D and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to create external technical partnership
- Knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing (Industry 4.0)
- Very good leadership skills and ability to work in diverse project teams
- Mobility is a must; suppliers visit as well as factories at different markets needed. (business travel up to 25%)
- Fluent English and good knowledge of French. In addition, any other major European language of advantage.