Business Development Manager
Publication date:19 March 2023
Place of work:PO BOx 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Business Development Manager
Do you want to sell a great product that customers use and love? Do you want to be part of a fast growing company and work with an amazing team? Can you work independently and also help build a great culture? At SonarSource we are experiencing huge growth and are looking to expand. Located at our headquarters in Geneva, there is a great opportunity to experience personal and professional growth as we scale the business. Are you ready to join?
The impact you can have
Use your problem-solving abilities and customer focus to help us evangelize the code quality management philosophy that over 200,000 organizations have already chosen to adopt. You will have the opportunity to use your well-developed sales skills to; demonstrate value of products, ensure adoptions and grow our customer base. You will interact with developers, decision makers and procurement, across a wide variety of industries and company sizes. You will also have the real ability to directly impact the direction and processes of the Sales Team and organization as we grow.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Qualify inbound demand into new opportunities and demonstrate the value of our product in the CI/CD lifecycle
- Assist customers in their evaluation of our products ensuring a match with their technical requirements
- Size and quote customer software license needs
- Negotiate and close both new customers onto the SonarSource platform and upgrades to existing implementations
- Perform pro-active account management to ensure that customers receive maximum value from our tools
- Interact with customers over phone, email, and video conference
- Pro-actively engage in building, growing and sharing sales team best practices
- Utilize Salesforce.com to set daily activity and accurately forecasts opportunity pipeline
The skills you will demonstrate
- Proven successful experience in a B2B phone sales role; ideally in a SaaS or subscription model
- Experience selling a technical product to a technical buyer - experience in Software Development Tooling sales a plus, or selling into the Development side of IT a plus
- Ability to take a deal from Lead Qualification to Closed Won
- Experience selling and closing deals internationally
- Talent in building and managing prospect and customer relationships
- Comfortable with an Inside sales role - experience in an Inside sales role is a plus
- Strong communications and listening skills: ability to handle objections as well as to take feedback and coaching
- Self-driven and proactive attitude, with the ability to successfully drive multiple deals forward
- Team player interested in seeing the company goals achieved alongside team and individual goals
- Salesforce.com lover; know it and can’t imagine sales without it
- Experience in managing and negotiating larger enterprise deals
- Customer-Centric focus - We Want Happy Customers
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 190,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
No recruitment agencies please