Data Product Owner
Publication date:20 March 2023
Place of work:PO BOX 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Data Product Owner
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
??The Data Platform Team is looking for a passionate Data Product Owner to join one of the product teams (SonarQube, SonarLint, SonarCloud). You will figure out the needs of your data consumers, then design and develop the data products by following the state of the art.
You will be part of an autonomous team. You have a word to say about what you will be working on. Within our teams, you will be supported by outstanding colleagues who are always willing to exchange knowledge. Using your skills, you will contribute to the growth of the development and professional capabilities of the teams, and focus on what matters.
The Impact you can have
We want to make the best decisions we can for our products and to do that, we want to make data-driven decisions.
To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Data Product Owner - you! - to join the product teams (SonarCloud, SonarQube, SonarLint).
- Get involved in the definition of new features and technologies which will have an impact on hundreds of thousands of developers around the world
- Deliver domain's data products to be consumed by multiple Sonar’s teams as well as our users, the developers
- Increase the value of the data products over time and maintain their life cycle
- Help improve the team's effectiveness by challenging and continuously improving existing processes, designs, and engineering practices
- Have an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the team by participating in the recruitment process
- Lead by example, mentor, and grow more junior members of the team
On a daily basis
- Take ownership of the data of the product team you belong to
- For each new feature, your product team will develop, figure out what data could be produced, and who will be your data consumers
- Create the domain's data products following Data Mesh principles and be accountable for them in delivering value, satisfying, and growing the data users
- Create the dbt models that will sustain your data products
- Create the Dashboards your product team needs
- Represent your domain in the federated data governance
- Collaborate strongly with the Data Platform team and the other Data Products Owners to improve the data platform and share best practices
The skills you will demonstrate
- A solid experience in data modeling, SQL queries, dashboarding, data lake, etc.
- Knowledge of dbt is a plus.
- Proficient in visualization tools such as Tableau or AWS Quicksight, for example.
- Experience in software product management, preferably in an agile context.
- Knowledge in Python, Git, Jupyter and basic data analysis.
- Hands-on experience with Domain Driven Design, Data Mesh, and Data Products is a strong asset.
- See yourself as a data promoter.
- Motivated by both technical and functional aspects of data-related topics.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and organized team player.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
How to perform during interviews
If you want an overview of the hiring process and to maximize your chances of passing, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Our main office is located in Geneva, Switzerland, with additional offices in Annecy, France and Bochum, Germany.
Candidates to be considered must be located near an office (Bochum, Annecy, Geneva) or open to relocating prior to starting.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
No recruitment agencies please