Senior Marketing Campaign and Events Manager
Publication date:28 février 2023
Place of work:Quai des Bergues, 1211 Geneva - Switzerland
Senior Marketing Campaign and Events Manager
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Marketing uses creativity and business flair to help drive top-line revenue growth for our Global Businesses by optimising marketplace opportunities, our brand strength and customer insight.
This role is part of the marketing function which is focused on the strategic priorities of Global Private Banking and aims to support revenue growth for the business. Marketing for Global Private Banking focuses on understanding customers and the identification, development and execution of marketing strategies, campaigns and activities that support and strengthen the HSBC brand, support the drive for revenue and increase customer value and satisfaction in order to meet agreed targets and objectives at both a global and market level.
The role of Senior Marketing Manager, Global Private Banking (GPB) EMEA ensures that all activity, regardless of channel, is aligned to business, client and brand objectives. This role is focused on the strategic priorities of GPB and aims to support client and revenue growth for the business. The team is responsible for using local insight in the development and implementation of all local marketing campaigns, sharing best practice and ensuring that all activity is developed within the consistent global framework including leveraging global assets and activities.
Holders of this role are expected to demonstrate a good understanding of key trends and areas of innovation which influence the way we interact and engage with our external customers, internal stakeholders and audiences. These should include client insight, digital marketing, new technology, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Agile working practices, data and analytical tools and how this helps HSBC to be more customer centric.
This role has a significant focus on the coordination and delivery of client and prospecting events across the EMEA (exc. UK) region.
In this role you will:
- Working with the GPB EMEA and UK Head of Marketing to develop and execute our Marketing Annual Operating Plan across all Marketing activity that is strategically aligned to business, customer and brand objectives.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships within EMEA (exc. UK) GPB, including heads of business and heads of products/services along with their teams; outside of GPB, this would include working with, HSBC Asset Management Group, local marketing campaign teams from B2B and WPB and Brand Partnerships, Brand Strategy.
- Understanding the segment or product needs to brief, manage and implement campaign activity which supports segment or product commercial objectives.
- Developing clear Marketing strategies following activity brief completion from the business to drive the smooth and efficient delivery of agreed activity, ensuring it is tracked and measured appropriately to demonstrate effectiveness and return on investment where possible.
- Developing, managing and execution of customer-centric, multi-channel Marketing strategies, campaigns and activities to support the business objectives, engage our front line colleagues and delight our customers.
- Recognising HSBC processes and procedures, and taking into account local market regulatory and compliance constraints/controls.
Impact on the Business
- Develop and deliver effective and measurable multi-channel Marketing campaigns, particularly client events, that support business objectives and can be used consistently across markets.
- Liaising with regional market heads and product heads to align marketing activities in support of growth objectives.
- Management of marketing annual operating plan and budgets across marketing activities.
- Ensure all activity communicates strong customer propositions to targeted client segments based on insight.
- Responsible for the creative development process, including agency relationships and processes to support creativity and consistency throughout the markets.
- Manage relevant aspects of brand governance in terms of guidance, framework and templates and the processes that support their use.
- Ensure that campaign effectiveness is maximised by linking external Marketing campaigns with internal business outcomes and awareness, where possible to track and own the effectiveness of all MENA and Europe International campaign activity.
- Responsibility for ensuring all elements of campaigns are managed within the agreed marketing spend.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Assist in leading a small team of Marketing managers to deliver key activities for the region.
- Identify and work with key stakeholders to gain buy-in and ensure that strategies and solutions will be effectively delivered by all areas of the business. Key stakeholders include the global GPB business and central GPB marketing team.
- Drive introduction and adaptation of HSBC Group best practices.
- Liaise with marketing across HSBC globally, sharing best practice, common standards and approaches.
- Work with Global Market Heads and country marketing teams as required, with a priority focus on MENA and Europe International region.
- Liaise with wide variety of stakeholders, such as legal, compliance, risk, communications, but not limited to these teams.
- Assist in managing the team in setting objectives, measuring performance and managing HR issues as necessary within policy.
- Assist in developing the team, using Personal Development Plans, training, development and coaching.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Follow marketing financial process, procedures and manage within the Marketing budget allocated.
- All agreed marketing communications and campaign plans are developed, delivered, and measured in line with the agreed processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that all teams understand key strategies, including the HSBC Masterbrand Strategy, category brand and marketing strategies, category creative and campaign strategies and specific business line objectives and targets.
- Responsibility for ensuring all activities are measured, evaluated and reported, post Implementation.
- Responsible for proactively identifying risks and providing recommendations on mitigating actions in the event of the internal and external developments e.g. changes in business strategy, revised segmentation, competitor activity, emerging channel development, changes in legislation etc.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 10-12 years broad based business experience, ideally within a Financial Services based institution, with strong event management experience across MENA and Europe International markets.
- A range of Brand and Marketing Communications planning and operational experience, including demonstrable success in developing and developing campaign strategies and multi channel high profile campaigns. This should cover experience of identifying the role of research, proposition development, communications, delivery and channel management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic needs based solutions both now and in the future.
- A range of Marketing Communications planning and operational experience, including demonstrable success in developing and delivering campaign strategies and client events.
- Private Bank or High end/ luxury Event management experience essential.
- Proven ability to be a self starter with energy and drive in a challenging and dynamic environment , whilst being excellent at building stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability to influence leadership teams and mentor junior members of the team.
- Strong understanding of the MENA and Europe International region being served from Switzerland as complex regulated market.
- Proven understanding of customer insights and their role in communications development.
- Ability to think innovatively, shaping and communicating new concepts.
- Strong understanding of communication developments and emerging consumer and industry trends.
- Proven ability to work on multi function projects demonstrating excellent relationship building skills.
- Commitment to putting the customer at the heart of all development and implementation activities.
- Fluent in English.
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference : 0000IIJ6
No recruitment agencies please