Fédération Equestre InternationaleLausanne
Publication date:13 July 2022
Place of work:Joliette 8, 1006 Lausanne
Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para Driving, Endurance and Vaulting. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all activities.
Today, the FEI has more than 130 members of National Federations and there are over 4,500 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 120,000 athletes and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 95 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
The FEI is looking for a full-time Administrator for in its Dressage, Para-Dressage & Vaulting Department. The position is based in Lausanne and is available immediately.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Director of the Department, the retained candidate will coordinate all aspects of the education of officials in two department disciplines: Para-Equestrian Dressage & Vaulting including the organization and content development of courses for continued learning, promotion of officials and update of the Education systems.
The candidate will work together with other FEI Departments on a regular basis as well as communicate with external stakeholders such as National Federations, FEI Officials for the relevant disciplines.
As part of your main responsibilities, you will also assist the Department Director in various administrative matters
- Education Administrator in Para-Equestrian Dressage and Vaulting
- Manage the Para Dressage and Vaulting education systems together with the discipline Education working groups and the FEI Education and Officials Department.
- Ensure that the Education systems are kept up-to-date and liaise with the department to make sure the Rules are in accordance
- Coordinate the organization of conference calls with the Education wording groups and write the minutes
- Support the Education Course Directors with course content, education paperwork etc.
- Organise meetings for the Education working groups and Course Directors, in conjunction with the Sports and Education Departments
- Liaise with the Education Department to create contents on FEI Campus
- Manage Officials’ promotion, demotion, Maintenance and transfer-up courses and all matters related to continuous learning and education, including shadow-judging and sit-ins.
- Manage and follow-up the transfer up and Maintenance courses calendar, courses content as well as in-person and on-line Forums in Para Dressage and Vaulting
- Liaise with the Stewards Generals to update the Stewards Manuals in the three disciplines.
- General administrative support
- Assist the Director with the preparation of various internal documents and presentations for Board and General Assemblies meetings.
- Assist the Director with administrative matters, such as travel bookings, calendar management, etc
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (level C1), spoken French is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience required
- Rigorous, meticulous with attention to detail
- Positive interpersonal skills with a strong service mindset
- Ability to work well within a team, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience and knowledge of sport; equestrian sport is a plus
You will be working in first class facilities, downtown Lausanne, accessible from public transportation within minutes from Lac Léman. We will be happy to present you other benefits we offer.
The FEI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation.
If you meet the position requirements, We want you! We are a dynamic Sports Federation and we would gladly receive your application on our portal by 18 July 2022.
Only applicants being Swiss, resident of Switzerland with a valid work permit or EU citizen will be taken into consideration for the recruiting process.
No recruitment agencies please