Head commercial contract management (60-100%)
Publication date:24 September 2022
Workload:60 – 100%
Place of work:Avenue des Baumettes 19, 1020 Renens VD
SWISSto12 invites candidates that fit the job requirements to submit a complete application, comprising both their CV and a motivation letter specifically addressing this advertised SWISSto12 position. Documents are to be submitted in PDF format. Applications not satisfying these criteria will be processed.
Head commercial contract management (60-100%)
SWISSto12 is recruiting an experienced legal expert to join its team for contract management across its commercial sales, industry partnerships or large supplier agreements.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Manage the contractual aspects of large SWISSto12 sales, partnerships and procurement contracts for its offices in Lausanne (CH), Rehovot (Israel) and Silicon Valley (US).
- Work in close cooperation with the SWISSto12 senior management, procurement and program management functions.
- Take an active role in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of commercial contractual conditions.
- Define and follow up on contractual conditions on quality, quantity, delivery schedules, delivery conditions, transport and logistics, payment schedules and penalties, intellectual property clauses, NDA agreements, recovery from failures, warranty, liabilities, indemnities, termination conditions etc.
- Participate to management of claims and disputes.
- Work towards strategic partnerships with clients and suppliers through setting up well-defined and well-documented conditions and procedures, as well as adhering to a culture of regular and accurate monitoring.
- Develop commercial contractual strategies, procedures and communication practices in the interest of SWISSto12 and its partners.
- Set up procedures and tools towards facilitating legal commercial follow-up.
- Facilitate collaboration and, where applicable, transparency between the SWISSto12 sites in legal commercial matters.
- Support senior management for the analysis of various contractual documents with external Law firms or advisors.
- Develop and maintain processes for export control compliance.
- Continuously train and raise awareness of colleagues on the basics of contracts management and commercial legal matters.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in general tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Master degree in law or equivalent degree with relevance to legal commercial applications.
- 3 years of experience in a technical/commercial environment.
- Proven track record of responsibility for negotiating and writing legal conditions for large commercial contracts in a technical domain, that have resulted in a smooth and successful completion of activities between the stakeholders.
- Proven track record on efficiently and constructively resolving commercial disputes.
- Ability to present ideas accurately and convincingly, and to build and maintain productive relationships.
- Excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and structured legal and commercial documentation.
- Knowledge of certification and regulations (e.g. EN, ISO).
- Proficient use of office computing and relevant business administration software tools.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent work organisation, work ethics and respecting confidentiality.
- Excellent written & spoken English and French.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a part-time or full-time contract (but in any case minimum 60%) with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
SWISSto12 is a fast-growing leading developer of advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems for Telecommunications, Remote Sensing and Radar applications in the Aerospace industry. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
Developing from its RF product and system portfolio, SWISSto12 is now progressing on advanced end-to-end payloads and spacecraft missions. The first HummingSat mission has recently been kicked off based on the combination of an order of a reputed satellite telecom operator and a partnership contract with the European Space Agency, it is planned for launch in 2025. SWISSto12 is hence staffing a satellite program management and execution team to deliver against this HummingSat mission.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Israel with a total staff of approximately 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references through the LinkedIn platform.
No recruitment agencies please