Pictet Group SwitzerlandZurich
Publication date:06 March 2023
Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We do not engage in investment banking, nor do we extend commercial loans. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805. With more than CHF 509 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2017, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 27 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
Pictet Asset Management (Pictet AM) manages the assets of some of the world's largest institutions, financial intermediaries and their clients. Our culture welcomes independent thinkers and centres around investment excellence, a long-term perspective and a dedication to client service.
We are looking for a Graduate to join PAM's Zurich-based Institutional Clients Switzerland team. The team is part of the Institutional Department, located in Asia, Europe, Canada, the UK and US. In Switzerland (Geneva and Zurich) the team consists of the Client Relationship Management, Client Service and Sales Support & Communications groups.
The Institutional Switzerland - ZRH team is responsible for promoting the investment services of Pictet to institutional investors, including pension funds, family offices, foundations, insurance companies as well as consultants.
Our graduate programmes are intended for young postgraduates with degrees from top universities. As a participant in our programme you will not only develop the technical and interpersonal skills needed in your future career at Pictet but also be given the opportunity to build a network of peers within the company. Your initial training will be complemented by a professional certification relevant to your area of business (CFA, CIIA, etc.).
We offer you an 18-month rotation programme on the different Pictet AM teams (such as Marketing, Product Development, Investments, etc.) as well as on other teams in the various business units of the Pictet Group. The programme is run in Zurich, with rotations at different Pictet locations in Switzerland and abroad.
At the end of the programme you will be ready to take full ownership of a position in the Institutional Switzerland - ZRH team. Your role will be to
- Service and further develop our existing book of clients through high-quality retention work and successful expansion of client investments.
- Develop the Swiss German market of institutional clients to win additional business.
- Ensure that you understand clients' needs and develop strong, long-lasting relationships with them.
- Collaborate closely with investment teams and product specialists internally and devise innovative solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Coordinate the production of documentation, presentations and investment proposals.
As the chosen graduate, you will show curiosity, a desire to learn, humility and the ability to work in a team. Your pragmatic and down-to-earth mindset will enable you to successfully blend into a cognitively diverse environment.
- Degree in Economics or Finance, or qualification deemed equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets and investment strategies is a must.
- Fluent in Swiss German, German and English; French and any additional language would be a plus.
- Proficient user of the most common office IT solutions (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as a strong interest in data analysis.
- Willingness to obtain a professional certification relevant to your area of business (CFA, CIIA, etc.).
- Must be resident in Switzerland or willing to relocate.
Start date: 01.09.2023
Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.