Senior SEO Manager
SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:08 August 2022
Place of work:BOX 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Senior SEO Manager
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
Join our fast-growing Marketing Team that is on a mission to share the Power of Clean Code!
We are looking for a Senior SEO Manager to help us build and establish a best in class SEO strategy. As a Senior SEO Manager in the Marketing Team, you will be responsible for maintaining SEO best practices, identifying opportunities for incremental business and ensuring we have full control of our key levers for SEO growth & impact. The goal is to elevate and ensure our web experience is set up for success and growth when it comes to organic presence.
On a daily basis, you will
- Help develop and maintain the SEO strategy and foundations for our web ecosystem
- Manage the SEO portion of content creation processes leveraging technical best practices, keyword research, opportunity assessment, and implementation strategies
- Set clear SEO goals, critical metrics, and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize your SEO strategies and plans so everyone is leveraging standard methodologies across the business
- Stay on top of industry trends, standard methodologies, technical improvements, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities
The skills you will demonstrate
- 5+ years of experience managing SEO programs in-house or with an agency
- Knowledge of overall business & marketing strategy, SEO tools, and platforms (ie: SearchMetrics)
- Ability to review SEO data in Google Analytics and SEO platforms and provide actionable insights and direction based on findings
- Ability to build SEO reports and manage internal stakeholders
- Excellent writing and organization abilities
- Experience building and managing content operations
- Strengths in Agile processes, design-thinking, and user experience
- Energetic, passionate, and articulate communicator who can convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as receive feedback
- Fluent English both written and spoken
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!