Publication date:26 January 2023
Place of work:Avenue de Rhodanie 40C, 1007 Lausanne
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. Today we still follow his formula for success, with real cooks breading and freshly preparing our delicious chicken by hand inmore than 22,000 restaurants in over 135 countriesand territories around the world.
Support the strategy for rapid expansion as part of the KFC WEBU Development Team. Own the development function’s database management and new restaurant pipeline reporting end-to-end. Lead key analyses, reporting, and strategic projects across the region. Work cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, and Operations functions to unlock insights, improve the franchise business model, and drive KFC WEBU growth. Engage with franchise partners regularly to achieve common goals.
- End to end ownership of the pipeline and remodel/estate reporting process, including maintenance of data in AIS and the Development Dashboard.
- Partner with the franchisees (FZs) to track progress on pipeline and remodel obligations. Review potential closures, and financial health of portfolio. This includes:
- Work with Fzee and D&C team to ensure right investment for each trade zone and asset type
- P&L analysis and closure risk reporting together with Commercial Director
- New Unit Tracking and Remodel Results Tracking together with Finance
- Support franchisee partners through WEBU development processes.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on progress vs targets and new store performance.
- Coordinate new site approvals, closures and renovations via Franchise Growth Committee (collect and submit documents; initial reviews in conjunction with the Commercial Director and Design and Construction team)
- Prepare analysis and commentary on franchisee business performance for business reviews.
- Collaborate with market planning team to capture all growth opportunities.
- Participate in cross-functional projects, such as:
- Financial modelling for new market entry
- New formats economics
- Cost of Labour and deployment modelling with HR and Operations.
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
WHAT WE’D LOVE FROM YOU
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree, preferably in business, economics, international management or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a similar finance/commercial role (within the hospitality/ service industry is an advantage).
- Experience in Managing/Supporting deliver of cross-functional projects (PM training is an advantage)
- Demonstrates strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Competency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent writing skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and influence others
- Interested in work and travel across Western Europe (travel up to 25% of time).
- Enjoys connecting with people across various disciplines and at all levels within an organisation. Core working relationships include Acquisition/Real Estate Managers, Design & Construction team, Commercial Managers & the KFC franchise community
- A strong internal drive for achieving results
- Comfortable working in a strong team environment, yet able at times to work autonomously.
- Is process-oriented without losing of sight bigger picture and strategy.
No recruitment agencies please