Client Selection and Onboarding Analyst
Publication date:16 mars 2023
Place of work:Quai des Bergues, 1211 Geneva - Switzerland
Client Selection and Onboarding Analyst
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Client Lifecycle Management team.
The Client Selection and Onboarding Analyst is responsible for the onboarding stages of a client lifecycle. He/She will have to analyse, validate, register and ensure the on-boarding of clients for all types of risks levels to meet applicable legal, regulatory requirements as well as HSBC policies and procedures (CDD, AML and Sanctions). Each new account need to have a risk assessment based on an adequate KYC in order to:
- assess whether such clients match the risk appetite of the Group and the Bank
- preserve the reputation of the HSBC Group and
- protect the Bank from a possible financial crime exposure.
This person will deliver consistent and practical end-to-end operational support to client facing teams, providing first-class client experience to both internal (client facing) and external clients, ensuring compliance with internal and external guidelines and regulations for this key client stage. He/She will report to the Head of Client Selection and Onboarding.
In this role you will:
Impact on the Business & key objectives
- Provide advisory and operational support to front office staff from the prospecting stage to the account opening, meeting the following objectives:
- Direct client engagement
- Reduction in onboarding time (both short and extended)
- Quality metrics within tresholds
- Adherence to CDD guidelines and risk appetite
- Review, codify and control account opening requests to ensure compliance with the local regulatory requirements and with the Group standards:
- Identify missing documentation
- Conduct plausibility checks of the KYC profile
- Corroborate the information provided by the RMs and
- Execute and review negative media alerts, and performs sanction & PEP screening
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work collaboratively across the organization – ensuring first-class relationships with COO, the Front Office, HOST, FCC, Legal and the local leadership team
- Foster strong relationships with all areas of the business in particular with the Front Office
- Develop a network of contacts throughout the private bank to ensure advice and guidance is accurate
- Challenge own knowledge to develop a continuous learning on and off the job
- Operate with flexibility and adaptation according to workload variations
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures (CDD, AML and Sanctions) that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
- Take personal accountability for keeping their risk knowledge up to date and completes mandatory learning promptly
- Resolve all identified issues promptly and escalate as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns;
- Adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; escalating control weaknesses.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with major stakeholders.
- Adapt to the changing environment (new regulations, introduction of further technology, reorganizations, etc.)
- Efficiently and regularly cooperate with the Front office and other stakeholders in order to spread a common culture, enforce requirements and respect the Front office business objectives.
- Perform an adequate follow-up of the tasks at all times in order to escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Working knowledge of AML, regulatory compliance and controls within the banking and financial services industry
- Can-do and problem solving attitude
- At ease under pressure and demonstrating good resilience
- Strong teamwork initiative.
- Good research and communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of staff and management.
- Skilled IT user with a capacity to adapt to new or complex tools and use efficiently all usual software suit (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Flexible and accountable: Open (to different ideas and cultures), dependable (by doing the right thing and take personal accountability) and Connected (with our clients, providers, regulators and colleagues by demonstrating collaboration and respect)
- Minimum of a B.A. degree or relevant work experience
- Fluent in French and English both written and spoken
- International profile with practice in another countries and multi-cultural experience is a plus
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference : 0000IDM5
No recruitment agencies please