Radio Network Architect
Salt Mobile SABerne, Fribourg, Rive droite, Rive gauche, Ville de Genève, Jura, Neuchâtel, La Côte, Nord vaudois,.
Publication date:25 September 2022
Place of work:Berne, Fribourg, Rive droite, Rive gauche, Ville de Genève, Jura, Neuchâtel, La Côte, Nord vaudois,.
Well, we're looking for talented people who share our interests and values. Do you focus on the essential and do what you say? Do you try to make things simple and dare to be original in what you say and do? And most of all, do you excel in providing exceptional service every day?
We are looking for a senior
Radio Network Architect
that will lead the design, implementation and validation of the new 5G SA radio network.
- Lead radio network architecture evolution activities to introduce 5G SA including 4G/5G ORAN. Responsible for 5G SA radio evolution, roadmap definition and delivery.
- Lead the 5G SA and ORAN radio design supported by our optimisation teams and the radio network vendor e.g traffic layering, mobility, link budgets, RRM etc.
- Lead the 5G SA and ORAN lab and field trials and proof of concept activities.
- Deliver an optimised 5G SA and ORAN network ready for deployment. You will be responsible to ensure that 5G SA is working as expected and co-exist optimally with NSA and LTE from an E2E perspective.
- Be part of a team of architects, reporting directly to the E2E and Architecture Director, that will be in charge of the development and implementation of the 5G E2E service architecture
- Train and mentor our radio planning and optimisation teams.
What you bring
- Master degree in Telecoms or Electrical Engineering.
- 7 years of professional experience in the radio domain.
- Demonstrated experience in lead radio architect role e.g. for 4G or 5G NSA.
- Demonstrated experience in validation of new technology in the lab and the field.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in radio feature design and validation (e.g. new mobility strategy, carrier aggregation introduction, CoMP introduction etc.). Able to understand how features work, propose designs and define validation activities to confirm that features are working as expected.
- Demonstrated experience in 5G New Radio introduction, performance evaluation, optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Huawei experience is a bonus. Although experience with another vendor will be considered if other criteria are met.
- Very good knowledge of E2E call flows. You understand how the radio and core networks (PS core and IMS) interact. You are able to analyse logs and pin-point whether a problem is on the radio or the core side.
- Very good knowledge of ORAN architecture and standards
- Very good knowledge of RAN automation trends and methods
- In depth knowledge of LTE and NR radio technologies.
- In depth knowledge of advanced radio features: CoMP, inter-site carrier aggregation. eICIC, beamforming, DSS, MOCN, SON etc.
- In depth knowledge of inter-RAT traffic and mobility management strategies.
- Good analytical and abstract thinking skills: Able to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Team worker. Willing to make a contribution and to make a difference.
- Self-learner, Self-driven, Self-motivated.
- Good presentation & communication skills to unpack complex messages to senior management and non-technical teams.
- Easily approachable, friendly, & proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
- English fluent. French and German language skills are a bonus.
What we offer
- Friendly and dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and benefit system
- Possibility to enlarge competences and experience due to fast moving and complex telco environment
Always dreamed of having a job in a diverse and refreshing environment? Then we really need to meet. Please apply online (we only accept online applications).
No recruitment agencies please