Sécheron Hasler Group continues the Swiss tradition of over 140 years in the field of railway technology. We are a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provide solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems. The name Sécheron Hasler Group is a worldwide synonym for Swiss Quality and represents a leading reference for state of the art products supplied to the market.
With more than 1’200 employees worldwide, we are wherever our customers are around the globe, supplying products approved in our customers’ countries or markets and deliver top-notch supply chain and customer services locally.
Head of Accounting and Consolidation
you will be in charge of management, coordination and overseeing of all general accounting and financial activities including monthly, quarterly and annual group consolidation, ensuring Swiss GAAP and group polices compliance, and manage a team of 4 people.
Reporting to the CFO, you will:
- Lead and manage the global financial consolidation of legal entities
- Manage and develop the Accounting team located in Switzerland
- Lead of the Accounting teams located outside Switzerland
- Manages the month-end close process ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data, including cross validation with different sources of information
- Maintains financial information and general ledger integrity, including reserves, accruals, prepaid and depreciation, and other significant accounts, and ensures the adequacy and completeness of account reconciliations.
- Ensure comptabilisations, balances and reconciliations of bank accounts
- Accounting Management of the Swiss VAT and the foreign VAT
- Development of the consolidation process and system together with provision of sound technical advice and support on accounting issues and policies.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities
- Implement and maintain group policies that strengthen financial control and mitigate risk, maintaining the group finance manual and raising awareness of policies across the group.
- Prepares and reviews yearly Financial Statements, including footnotes and other disclosures for compliance with local GAAP requirements, up to the annual statutory audit
- Coordinate and ensure proper filling of tax and statutory returns, in collaboration with tax advisors
- Internal Control System (ICS): develop, review and maintain accounting and reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Support end-to-end transfer pricing strategy and operation: development of the global transfer pricing methodology & profit level indicator, intercompany legal agreements, advance pricing agreements, intercompany risk and expense allocation.
- Support the corporate/enterprise risk management
- Supervision of 4 people in GE and lead of the general accounting in all the affiliates
- Extra activities (support): group insurances, Swiss pension fund
Education and training:
- Swiss university degree in Finance & Accounting
- Specialist in financing and accounting,
- Chartered or certified accounting qualification
- 7 to 15 years of experience of which at least 4 years as head of accounting, 2 years of experience with an audit firm is a plus
- Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
Fluent French and English (written and verbal); German is a plus
Skills & personality:
Ideally, you also possess the following:
- An excellent knowledge of SWISS GAAP FER, IFRS is a plus
- Knowledge of Swiss taxes
- Oracle knowledge is an advantage.
- Dynamic personality, fast learner
- Customer-oriented and able to build relationships with different stakeholders
- Team player
What we offer
We have flat hierarchies and encourage direct communication between departments and levels of management. This enables us to make decisions quickly.
We give our employees total responsibility for their job tasks. All employees are encouraged to take initiatives and contribute to the company’s operational excellence and have ample opportunities to achieve their personal and career growth objectives.
How to apply:
If you have an analytic mindset, consider yourself a fast learner and you are seeking a challenging and rewarding international work environment, please submit your CV via the button "apply" on the right. We look forward to receiving your application.
Required minimum profile
- Minimum 7 years of successful experience
- At least four years of experience as Head of Accounting, Accounting Manager or Chief Accountant
- Fluency in English and French
Rue du Pré-bouvier 25