Publication date:14 March 2023
Place of work:av. Giuseppe Motta 31-33, 1202 Genève
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is the largest global membership organisation dedicated to the fight against cancer. Founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, UICC has over 1,200 member organisations in 172 countries and territories. UICC’s mission is to both unite and support the cancer community in its efforts to reduce the global cancer burden, promote greater equity and ensure that cancer control remains a priority on the global health and development agenda.
UICC has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and has official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO) and partnerships with the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). UICC is committed to working in partnership, and engages over 58 partners, including associations, companies and foundations, to amplify and extend its collective impact.
UICC is a founding member of the NCD Alliance, the McCabe Centre for Law & Cancer, the International Cancer Control Partnership (ICCP) and established the City Cancer Challenge Foundation in January 2019 and the Access to Oncology Medicines (ATOM) Coalition in May 2022.
Summary of the position
The Office Manager will be responsible for creating a positive work environment that enhances staff engagement and satisfaction. This will involve implementing processes to improve the use of a workspace. S/he will also coordinate and manage external suppliers/providers to ensure the timely and effective delivery of services. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for promoting and managing the rental of meeting rooms and office space to other organisations.
Duties and responsibilities of the Office Manager include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Oversee, maintain and improve office space to respond to a changing workplace.
- Organise and supervise day-to-day office activities.
- Manage all aspects of space/infrastructure planning (ex: moves, additions, changes to workstations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions when requested.
- Act as a liaison with IT-related providers and ensure all related issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Propose ways to improve effectiveness.
- Promote and manage the rental of the meeting rooms.
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance of office equipment.
- Monitor the inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material.
- Develop, manage and monitor the yearly allocated budget.
- Review and/or create, deploy new office policies and guidelines.
- Research and implement new IT programs, softwares or systems in collaboration with the external IT provider including IT Onboarding/Offboarding for new joiners and leavers.
- Manage relations with external suppliers and providers.
- Collaborate in several projects of improvements (collaborative work environment, employee experience, zero carbon footprint)
Skills and competencies required for the role
- At least two years of professional experience in office management, ideally in an international organisation or an NGO
- Strong time-management and people skills
- Proactive, customer-service oriented and great team player
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to cope with periods of high workload
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency with office applications, and aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of information and to follow established protocols for protecting it
The candidate should be eligible to work in Switzerland.
Send your CV and a motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position to Write an email
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2023. Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis and application submission for this position may close early if we have enough suitable applicants.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please