Scientific Expert in Disease Control
Publication date:17 November 2022
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Scientific Expert in Disease Control
• As Project Biologist or Project Lead Biologist actively contributes to the establishment of Biology Roadmaps/Project Science Plans in order to deliver the Biology Profile following project needs, functional guidance and stage plans.
• Initiates, implements and leads experiments in line with the Biology Roadmap or product support plans.
• Analyzes research data and presents conclusions in detailed reports and presentations.
• Use project management knowledge and tools in order to optimize efficiency and progress towards project Biology Roadmap.
• Together with grouplead and peer Scientific Experts (SE) & Team Leads (TL) plans and prioritizes group teamwork slate and experiments.
• End to end Quality management: Ensure and maintain optimal (input vs output) scientific quality and standards in experimentation, analysis and interpretation.
• Collaborate with Team Leaders for Screening operation or Project operations in all areas of method and capability development.
• Actively understand technology progress and dedicate resources to evaluate the potential for its applicability in the Biology Function and discuss new ideas and projects
• Guide and motivate team of Research Scientist (RS) associated to your scientific work
• Together with TLs monitors RS performance and support development plans for individuals.
• Collaborate with internal Syngenta functions and may be within external global collaborations (CROs, academics).
• Be an active member of the scientific community mainly internally and establish a work relevant network externally.
What we are looking for:
• PhD in Agronomy or Biology or other life science areas or equivalent practical experience
• Academic Education with PostDoc Experience
• Constructively collaborates with peers (especially Teamleads) and research scientists
• Communicate inspirationally but honestly within group/team/project. Promote a culture of transparency and open feedback.
• Openness to change and to support the implementation of change
• Lead internal and external projects.
• Understand and map stakeholders to influence and gain support
• Understand the complexity of Syngenta business processes and organization in order to effectively achieve goals.
• Develop excellent indication knowledge and share practises in team, group and project team
• Think cross team / cross indication for scientific and operational excellence and (pro-) actively promote adoption within group/team/project
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
· We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
· A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein with well-equipped laboratories with an open culture and diverse workforce
· The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
· Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
· You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – 18048390
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.