LIFE CYCLE PLANNING LEADER - Service parts (M/F)
BSA - Bobst Mex SAMex VD
Publication date:18 November 2022
LIFE CYCLE PLANNING LEADER - Service parts (M/F)
Within Services & Performance business unit - Service Parts department, the Life Cycle Planning Leader (m/f) will oversee the coordination between the different actors working to insure the highest standards of inventory availability.
Reporting to the SP Master Planner the Life Cycle leader, you will:
- Become the point of contact for any life cycle question, including several product lines, sites, and businesses.
- Design your area of responsibility, processes, tools and giving the right level of visibility to the organization.
- Participate to all S&OP reviews as a key actor, to secure service / cash / cost at the agreed level.
- Participate to a cross-functional adventure with new actors, creating strong collaboration and drive continuous improvement daily!
Strategic Planning department, managing more than 100M CHF of Parts' inventories globally is a dynamic team with high end skills leading BUSV performance with Trust, Passion for innovation, a constant search of Performance and unyielding Respect.
Supports all Product Lines in managing inventory quality with the Warehouses such as:
- inventory discrepancies, cycle counts reconciliation tracking, Slow moving liquidation process, …
- and react in case of critical shortage supporting S&OP teams with visibility and tracking action plans.
- Owns functionally the Upgrade and Retrofit business initiative driving consistency with business expectations
Owns the execution of Product life cycle in the global supply chain from Introduction to phase out by:
- Supporting introduction of specific items; owns the tracking of critical stock introduction to later manage the risk of financial/physical obsolescence.
- Tracking specific items have accurate master data and correct processes in place (FIFO / LIFO / FEFO; repack, Configure, kitting…).
- Managing obsolescence setup and stock excess recalls globally; ensuring the correct stock is present at the correct place. Ensuring coordination with quality, WH, supply departments.
- Ensure compliance of the master data (UoMs, Commercial Lead Times, … amongst other) across parts' lifecycle.
- Offer the S&OP leaders a tracking of Last Buy Orders and End of Life items versus the risk of shortage.
Supports/lead strategic initiatives in conjunction with WH operations, product lines, such as item configuration externalization, Kitting implementation, etc.
Participates in the development of the department by:
- Proposing functional improvements and follows process adoption. Driving continuous improvement, supporting colleagues with methods and communication.
- Supporting development of the department seeking best practices and innovative ways to increase material availability and machine uptime planning.
- Becoming a Key User on PTC SPM Servigistics and SAP ERP.
Your education and languages capabilities
- Bachelor in engineering or business school.
- English fluency is a must and French (B2 Min) is a strong plus. Another European language is a plus (German, Italian, Dutch…).
- APICS (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD) or equivalent is a plus
Your professional experience
- Service supply chain experience (Planning, Procurement, Technical assistance, floor operations, ...). 5 Years minimum.
- S&OP (Sales and Operation Planning) or Strategic Planning of resources (Service parts / Field service / Manufacturing...).
- Continuous improvement skills & experience (lean six sigma, DMAIC, PDCA, …).
- SAP knowledge MM or PP ...
- Tableau or another BI tool ability is a plus.
- PTC SPM (Service Parts management) Servigistics knowledge (or other MEIO tool : MCA, Baxter, Synchron, Toolsgroup SO99…) is a plus.
Your personal attributes
- You own a "˜shop floor' sensibility to allow you to propose realistic plans for both operations and decision makers.
- Your strong analytical skills and learning abilities will allow you to quickly operate in a complex supply chain while leading with data.
- Autonomous and dynamic, your people skills will allow you to federate actors around your goals in a matrix environment.
- You are motivated by working in a globalized, multicultural company.
Up to 30% of time can be dedicated to travelling for business.
For more than 130 years, and over 50 countries, BOBST has always been at the forefront of innovation and we want to accelerate connectivity, digitalization, automation and sustainability to make packaging better than ever.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.