Accountant – Client Accounting (Junior)
Publication date:21 March 2023
Place of work:Rue de Jargonnant 2 P.O. Box 604, 1207 Genève
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. Our 9,100 experts and 120 offices in 85 jurisdictions worldwide serve corporates, financial institutions, asset managers, private clients and family offices, providing the combination of accounting, tax, payroll, fund administration, compliance and entity management services essential to global business success.
- Bookkeeping for Swiss and foreign client companies under adequate GAAP (all types, all usual GAAPs)
- Consolidation of client group entities
- Elaboration of periodic reporting and year-end closing including year-end adjustments for client companies
- Elaboration of financial statements and associated notes
- Preparation of simple tax returns and associated analysis
- Preparation of VAT returns and associated analysis
- Accurate registration of time spent during working day
- Implement policies as set down in TMF’s procedures manual and accounting procedures
- Technical research on specific accounting and tax issues
- Swiss or international qualification in accounting
- 1-3 years of working experience, preferably in a Fiduciary environment
- Knowledge of Swiss CO accounting standards, understanding of Swiss GAAP FER and most used international accounting standards is considered as an advantage
- Ability to work in a team (local and remote offices)
- Knowledge of common accounting softwares and standard swiss tax reporting solutions
- Strives for high standards of delivery to clients
- Understands personal development areas and is driven to 'bridge' gaps
- Will ask relevant questions to improve business awareness/ knowledge
- Very good communication, both written and spoken, in English and French, German is a plus
What's in for you?
- Excellent working conditions: good work-life balance, flexibility and great benefits.
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training. We have a TMF Business Academy, which will give you extensive individual training opportunities.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
No recruitment agencies please