Administrative Assistant (100 %)
Publication date:02 mars 2023
Place of work:2 Chemin de la Grangette, 1052 Le Mont-sur-Lausanne
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Operations Department, we are seeking an autonomous, proactive, and resourceful
Temporary position (6 months) with an immediate start
This role reports to the Head of Operations. He or she will provide administrative support concerning the school operations and services. The successful applicant will be pivotal in ensuring our student and parent community receives the best possible customer service experience.
- Provide support for school trips and professional development:
o Support teachers to plan and organise the smooth operation of overnight trips, day excursions and professional development.
o Select suppliers for group travel in accordance with the programme's travel and budget.
o Liaise between the school and external providers such as bus companies, tour companies, hotels and airlines.
o Be the first point of call for any difficulties or issues that may arise during a group trip.
- Provide coordination and administration for morning and afternoon buses (including students registration).
- Update information into the administration of the student database in relation to school trips and the bus service.
- Prepare accurate billing, and credit card account reconciliations.
- Perform other duties related to student’s services.
Qualifications and qualities desired:
- CFC Employé(e) de Commerce, graduated from Hospitality Management,or equivalent qualification with at least two years of work experience
- Proficiency in English (C1 minimum) and upper intermediate French (B2 minimum) both oral and written
- Experience in customer service and administration in an international environment; an experience in the education sector is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel and database management
- Reliable with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and be flexible with changing priorities
- Analytical and negotiation skills is an advantage
- Ability to build effective and mutually beneficial relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Customer focused, flexible and pragmatic
Are you interested?
To apply please submit the following documents on JobUp:
- cover letter
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected. ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
No recruitment agencies please