MECHANICAL DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Publication date:25 mars 2023
Place of work:Länggasse 56, 2504 Bienne
Bien-Air is a growing international company which develops, manufactures and markets high-tech instruments for microsurgery. We have held an enviable position in the international market for many years thanks to our emphasis on invention and innovation, and the high quality of our products and services. To support our growth, we are looking to add to our team at our site in Bienne a :
Mechanical Development Engineer
This engineer will play a key role in a fast-moving team and participate in the development of our Medical Devices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development, including project management, of new products in the field of microsurgery in collaboration with other departments
- Updating existing product documentation (MDR compliance)
- Optimising existing product lines
- Documenting and validating product compliance to specifications and current standards, working with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
- Definition of technical specifications according to user needs
- Definition and execution of verification and validation activities in collaboration with the laboratory
- Working with the prototyping department to create and test initial prototypes
- Working with the industrialisation department to move new products from design to production
- Ensuring integration of new technologies
Qualifications & experience required:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, micro-mechanical or biomedical engineering
- Good theoretical knowledge and practical skills in 3D CAD (e.g. Creo, PLM Windchill) and MS Office, including MS Project
- Good knowledge of materials, machining procedures and surface treatments
- Fluent in French or German, with good knowledge of English (a minimum of upper Intermediate [B2] to Advanced [C1]). Basic knowledge in French remains mandatory.
- Open-minded personality with the ability to quickly integrate in a team
We are offering successful applicants the opportunity to join an internationally renowned company, with attractive working conditions and benefits, within a high-tech environment.
Completed applications should be sent directly through Jobup.