Climate Associate Specialist
Publication date:01 December 2022
Place of work:Avenue Guillemin 16, 1009 Pully
Over the past year, ECOM’s climate department has been in the process of developing the foundational structure, tools and calculations for all of the traded commodities. The Climate Associate Specialist will have a critical role to play in supporting the delivery of our Net Zero strategy.
This role supports the climate department and sustainability commodity heads to manage our information management system, monitor the effectiveness of our climate strategy implementation, improve knowledge management and learning frameworks, use technology to collect and manage farm and community data, and create reports with actionable insights.
The role will be as a key advisor to the climate department and linked functions regarding current and future investments in climate solutions especially related to collecting and analyzing data on the implementation of the climate and carbon projects that connect the commercial and sustainable aspects of the business.
Climate Associate Specialist
1. Analysis of data
· Provides analytical insight to help determine the organization's future direction for the climate department
· Leads the development of and manages related data collection and analytical requirements for key performance indicators for commitments related to GHG emissions
· Provides key inputs to the global sustainability managers on training and support for data collection for farm and processing GHG emissions tracking and monitoring.
· Accountable for ensuring all sustainability reporting initiatives are completed on-time, on budget and consistent with requirements and objectives
2. Project insights and development
· Carries out financial analysis of carbon projects and development of models for future projects to support global sustainability
· Point of contact for trainings related to GHG quantification tools, internal capacity building etc.
· Conducts an evaluation of the various in-house climate solutions across the industry/ key clients in order to recommend best practices for future projects.
· Develop internal guidelines for the solutions being proposed, highlighting interconnectivity of the various projects and how they contribute to our baseline
· Leading climate disclosure for external stakeholders such as banks, clients and internal reporting (CDP, TCFD)
· Proposes partners, if required, that would need to be involved in the execution of the roadmap
· Monitor latest technology trends that are relevant to our operations
This role requires international travel up to 20% in rural settings.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum education of a Master’s degree in a relevant field required (e.g. Environmental policy, International Development, Sustainability, Environmental engineering)
- Strong knowledge and experience with managing Net Zero projects
- Experience with quantification of GHG emission tools at farm level
- Familiarity with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Experience and familiarity with carbon disclosure platforms such as CDP and TCFD
- Experience in GHG accounting and knowledge on the GHG protocol land use and removals guidance
- Knowledge of corporate biodiversity/nature goals and target setting
- Great sense of details and capacity to be autonomous
- Ability to synthesize a wealth of information in a concise manner
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and preparing presentations
- Excellent Microsoft application skills particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in data analysis softwares (e.g., ArcGIS)
- Proficiency in financial modelling
- Self-Starter, enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and strong interest for commodity markets
- Experience working in rural communities in developing countries
- Fluent English, preferably also speaks German & French
No recruitment agencies please