Executive Administrative Assistant
Publication date:20 November 2022
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Chemin Messidor 5- 7, 1002 Lausanne
Debiopharm is an independent biopharmaceutical company based in Switzerland with an ongoing commitment to research in oncology and bacterial infections in order to improving patient outcomes and quality of life. Our main activities include drug development, drug manufacturing and digital health investment. Debiopharm International SA aims to develop innovative therapies that target high unmet medical needs. Bridging the gap between disruptive discovery products and real-world patient reach, we identify high-potential compounds for in-licensing, clinically demonstrate their safety and efficacy and then select large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access globally.
Debiopharm International S.A. identifies high-potential compounds for in-licensing, conducts clinical development and then selects large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access across the globe.
To provide administrative and logistic support to our Project Management Office and Safety departments we are looking for a
The ideal candidate will be someone with great energy, who loves to support others and provides a high-level administrative support. The role requires a highly organized, self-directed individual who can handle a variety of sensitive and confidential matters in a professional, mature and discrete manner.
We are looking for someone who is customer oriented, and keen to offer a professional, engaging and friendly service at all times. You will work in a department in a department that is dedicated to develop drugs to cure cancer
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the head of Project Management Office, including calendar management, expense report support and making appointments
- Coordinate activities for complex meeting and events including ordering food and equipment, managing/setting up equipment onsite, and handling issues for offsite meetings,
- Meeting preparation (documents; agenda’s; etc.) and logistics
- Arranging travels, visas and accommodations (internal and external as required)
- Assist with budget and manage Purchase Orders within clinical development, also tracking payment of invoices as requested
- Provide support for various Leadership Team meetings such as Protocol Review Board meeting, attend as requested, agenda development and distribution, meeting material coordination, note-taking, and meeting summary distribution
- Preparing/Layouts presentations and managing documents repositories.
- Supporting Team Leaders in the project management (meetings, schedule, budget and FTE planning, tracking and reporting) of programs;
- On a case by case decision and to support project management: be able to prepare agendas, take and complete meeting minutes; coordinate distribution and track action items;
- Contributing to the creation and distribution of various Project status reports in Word, Excel, MS project, Teams, Sharepoint and other formats;
- Coordination of contracts signatures and management processes.
- Manage document resources on SharePoint site
- Assist with on-boarding of new colleagues as requested
- Handle confidential matters on a regular basis
- Act as a backup for other administrative assistants
- Bachelor’s degree or other accredited equivalent level
- Over three years’ experience in a demanding, fast-paced team-based environment and partner with internal/external stakeholders
- Strong interest in working within a clinical/medical environment and/or previous experience in a pharmaceutical company
- Self-starter, proactive, solution seeking attitude, anticipating team needs and actively identifying opportunities to strengthen results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to mobilize team members and engage leadership
- Ability to establish and maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality and trust
- Ability to solve problems and to anticipate them
- Flexible and willing to support and work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, detail and deadline oriented with ability to identify and communicate conflicts in scheduling/priorities
- Team player able to develop credibility with team members
- Ability to navigate internal organization/processes
- Excellent judgment as well as the ability to work with extremely confidential documents and information and excellent follow-up skills
- Technology-savvy in all Microsoft Office 365 applications, excellent command of sharepoint
- Ability and willingness to handle special projects
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
What we offer:
- International, highly dynamic environment with a long term vision.
- Cross-functional collaboration at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in oncology and anti-bacterial industry
- Exposure to a wide variety of areas and functions within clinical development and the pharmaceutical industry
- Participation in a company where innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamental keys to success.
- Proud to be an Equal-Pay certified, we ensure offering to all our employees the same opportunities
The use of external staffing agencies or recruiters requires prior approval from our Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department at Debiopharm requests external staffing agencies or recruiters not to contact Debiopharm employees or members of the Board of Directors directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the external staffing agency or recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Debiopharm.
Debiopharm will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions.