Quality Specialist in R&D Operations
Publication date:17 March 2023
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com
Quality Specialist in R&D Operations
Location: Orbe Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Product Technology Center Beverage
Act. Rate: 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
The Nestlé Product Technology Centre Coffee (NPTC Coffee) is the leading R&D organization that discover, develop and deploy coffee and beverage products and technologies for in-home and out-of-home consumption. It consists of units in Konolfingen (CH), Marysville (USA), Orbe (CH) and Singapore and provide new products and processes to all Nestlé markets worldwide.
Our mission - to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence - drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
As a "Quality Specialist in R&D Operations", you will lead quality activities across the pilot plants and contribute to promoting Quality & Food Safety on innovation and products renovation across Nestlé categories.
In this cross-functional position, you will manage Quality & Food Safety requirements related to trials and will collaborate closely with the project and pilot plants teams to ensure successful delivery.
You will have the opportunity to be a key player in releasing safe innovative products which could be part of Nestlé's portfolio of tomorrow.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Quality Specialist in R&D Operations
- Ensure Quality & Food Safety requirements are fulfilled in the areas under your scope of responsibilities (pilot plants and rapid prototyping zones)
- Ensure Quality & Food Safety deliverables are integrated into the trial activities
- Perform Food Safety Risk assessments of new prototypes and update HACCP studies
- Drive activities such as validation/verification of control measures (CCPs/OPRPs)
- Perform release of R&D trials (internal testing, panel, consumer test-) after ensuring the release criteria are met
- Perform internal audit programs assessing adherence to our rules (e.g., PRPs)
- Support compliance activities related to external (ISO/FSSC) and Nestlé internal quality standards
- Follow-up on non-conformity and drive continuous improvement actions
- Promote quality awareness across projects and operations teams through trainings
- Update SOPs and optimize ways of working
What will make you successful
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Food Technology ideally in Quality Management or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience preferably in operations in Quality/Food Safety or R&D
- Ability to demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of Quality & Food Safety management systems (HACCP, ISO 9001/FSSC 22000 or equivalent IFS/BRC)
- Good knowledge in food microbiology
- Fluency in French and English mandatory
- Ability to navigate in a changing environment
- Ability to work as a team but also independently