Publication date:10 January 2023
Place of work:Chemin du Croset 9, 1024 Ecublens
Role & Responsibilities
This position will be part of the IT Operations team. In collaboration with others in the team, will provide operational support for Medair’s actual and future infrastructure needs. The role supports the implementation of connectivity and infrastructure projects and ensures that Medair has the most appropriate ICT infrastructure across all country programs to enable our teams to perform their work in the most effective and efficient way within the constraints of the specific contexts.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify our people to people strategy. We provide a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including our country programs in the strategic design of our systems, and we deliver services locally where practical to ensure that we meet the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues. The IT Operations team sets the strategic direction for how Medair’s roadmap of security and infrastructure across our country programs, and implements and supports the technologies required to ensure our people to people approach.
Workplace & Working conditions
Medair Global Support Office, Lausanne, Switzerland with up to 20% field visits. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
ICT Infrastructure Operations
- Provides daily operations of ICT infrastructure with a second level troubleshooting.
- Ensures monitoring, backup and recovery process functionality.
- Provides regular reporting to management. Problem Management for infrastructure topics.
Implementation of Infrastructure Projects
- In collaboration with the ITS Manager and the Snr Security and Infrastructure Specialist, provides input for Medair’s infrastructure roadmap and ensures that future implementations are fit for purpose.
- Participates in the implementation of approved ICT infrastructure projects within the agreed budget, timeline, and quality. Manages project stakeholders including GSO, country programs and 3rd party vendors.
- Monitors project execution progress. Provides regular project reporting to ITS management.
ICT Technical Solutions
- Delivery of ICT technical solutions by feasibility study; testing, validating and implementing new solutions.
- Cooperation and supervision of third – party vendors.
- Assessment and implementation of appropriate backup and monitoring solutions while ensuring full visibility and recovery of ICT infrastructure. Documenting solutions and storing documentations in shared folders.
End User Support
- Provides 1st and 2nd level hardware and software support to Country Programs and GSO users.
- Helps research, recommend, implement, and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Prepares and provides internal training to the user of implemented solutions.
- Act as a point of contact in case of end-user questions.
- Management and follow-up of 3rd party vendor questions concerning applications and hardware solutions.
- The holder of this position is required to have an overview of the performance of existing ICT systems and solution and propose changes to improve systems efficiency.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- IT education supported by practice in ICT infrastructure. Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science desirable.
- ICT Certifications (OS, Networking, Security, Cloud) desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and French (speaking and writing).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in ICT, experience with NGO desirable.
- 1 to 2 years of experience implementing complex Infrastructure Projects.
- Networking: TCP/IP networking; Routing/switching design; Configuring installations and troubleshooting of routers, switches like Cisco/Meraki. Knowledge of protocols and services DNS, DHCP, VLAN, WAN, NAT, SNMP.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of software, hardware, and network problems.
- Operating systems: Windows Servers 2008/2012; Windows 7 and 10 installations and configurations; Windows Server Virtualization and virtual server management such as Hyper-V; Microsoft Active Directory services.
- Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Office 365, Azure, AWS and Box.
- Applications supporting MS Office 365 and IP Telephony for administration of IP telephony systems.
- Helpdesk: IT end-user support using ticketing systems as Helpdesk function; Software installation and updates on a regular basis; Supporting office equipment printers, beamers scanners and vendor management.
- IT Security: IT Security knowledge; Antispam Filters; Firewalls; DPI; Load balancers; Malware detection; IT security certifications as CISM, CISSP, CEH, and knowledge of IS standards including. ISO27001 and ISO9001.
- Remote worker experienced in working on a daily basis with a remote team.
- Flexible and resilient team player with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, especially in explaining complex technical concepts to senior management and business users.
- Servant Leadership that like to challenge others and being challenged in return with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge and experience of change management.
- Proactively finds solutions rather than waiting for answers and self-propelled person that likes to work.
How to apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair Page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
No recruitment agencies please