HR Intern (100%)
International School of LausanneLe Mont-sur-Lausanne
Publication date:21 septembre 2022
Place of work:Ch. de la Grangette 2, 1052 Le Mont-sur-Lausanne
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. Our school employs approximately 250 members of staff on our campus where we welcome 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
To further strengthen our Human Resources team, we are seeking a self-motivated, proactive, and well-organised
HR Intern (100%)
duration: 9 to 12 months
This internship will provide you with a broad view of all activities in an HR department. During the internship, you will gain exposure to HR administration, recruitment, labour law and HR policies, social insurances, and expand your HR knowledge.
Working in a team of three people (two HR Officers and one Head of Human Resources), you will be under the supervision of one staff member and work collaboratively to support the team in the day-to-day operations. The following tasks cover most of the responsibilities you should expect during your internship:
- Provide administrative and operational support to the HR team
- Maintain and update the employee database
- Post and remove job advertisements, organise and set up interviews for shortlisted candidates, prepare and send rejection emails
- Prepare employment contracts, amendments and various employee correspondence
- Prepare and follow-up work permit requests
- Assist in on-boarding activities for new hires
- Manage accident claims
- Support HR team with internal communication
- Participate in HR projects
The nature of some duties might change depending on your level of autonomy and your proactivity. The knowledge and experience gained during this internship should allow you to move towards an HR position in any other company.
- CFC d’employé de commerce, Maturité Professionnelle Commerciale (MPC) or equivalent education
- Fluency in French or English (C1 minimum) with a good command of the other language (B2 minimum)
- Interested to learn and evolve in an HR work environment
- Self-motivated and accountable, displaying a can-do attitude
- Well-organised, reliable and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to foster positive working relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to collaborate well in a team and to work independently
- Swiss/EU citizenship or Swiss work permit holder.
What we offer
- A truly international and dynamic work environment
- Free well-being and sport activities and language courses
- Fresh and healthy menus from our cafeteria at a reasonable price
- 25 days of holidays per year in addition to the end of calendar year office closure
- Social events organised on a regular basis with ISL staff
Are you interested?
Please submit a cover letter, your CV, as well as a scanned copy of your diplomas and work certificates (if available). Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.
No recruitment agencies please