Team Leader - Formulation Pilot Plant
Publication date:20 March 2023
Place of work:Münchwilen
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects, and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat, and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Team Leader - Formulation Pilot Plant
As Senior Formulation Pilot Plant Manager you will play a pivotal role in transforming the current asset and organization to an efficient, future-proof facility and in managing the day-to-day operations. You will lead up to 5 direct reports and manage the operational and capital budgets. You will build a sustainable technical capability by leading the team and coaching individuals in order to close gaps in technical competency. You are going to define and implement major process-, equipment-, and infrastructure changes projects within the pilot plant. To be effective in the role, you will be representing the Formulation Pilot Plant (FPP) internally and externally with relevant stakeholders and other functions on site (e.g. HSE, Engineering, Maintenance) creating trusting and productive relationships.
- Guiding the FPP through a major transformation journey
- Ensure the delivery of FPP development and production program in safe, compliant and efficient manner
- Build an organization that is capable and driven to meet the needs of our customers
- Drive a culture of safety, trust and collaboration within the FPP
- Build productive partnerships with collaborating functions and stakeholders
- Drive efficiency improvements to increase the capacity for trial work within FPP
- Identifies, evaluates and introduces innovative and performance-changing manufacturing technologies into FPP
- Apply the principles of Operational Excellence to drive standardization in manufacturing technologies, methodologies and protocols within FPP
- First degree or higher in Chemistry or a relevant Engineering discipline
- A track record in a manufacturing or pilot plant environment
- Knowledge of formulation chemistry and formulation manufacturing processes
- Coaches people to excel, provides opportunities for learning, and creates a climate for development and growth
- Knowledge of practical engineering -and maintenance activities
- Knowledge of project -and facility management, who can plan, organize and monitor performance to meet deadlines
- Strong and clear communicator
- Strong networker, able to build and foster trusting and productive relations
- Creates an environment that supports creativity, transparency, and challenge and coaches people to spark innovation
- Fluent in English, ideally strong German (at least level C1 or willingness to achieve this level quickly)
What we offer:
Please send your complete application with CV and motivation letter.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)