Regulatory Senior Specialist
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SALausanne
Publication date:15 August 2022
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
Regulatory Senior Specialist
Location : Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contact: Permanent contract
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Dynamic international working environment
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences and Agriculture Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website. Please follow us on Nestlé R&D on LinkedIn.
As a Regulatory Senior Specialist, you will participate to the creation of the full marketing concept driven by the project team and in close collaboration with the other accelerator experts in marketing, consumer insight, design, quality, product and packaging formulation.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Regulatory Senior Specialist
• Support the team in creating the product on pack communication and technical labelling elements (nutrition table, ingredient list -) in a way to limit the efforts for the market regulatory team for the final compliance validation
• Provide proactively regulatory opportunities e.g. allowed claims or "this is what you can say with this formulation"
• Proactively propose ways to speed up the way to achieving compliance by design (e.g. work with agencies, if needed)
• Build and maintain relationships with Regulatory Scientific Affairs (RSA) in Product Technology Centre (PTC)/Strategic Business Units (SBUs), categories and Markets
• Coach and train accelerator participants on the job and also give and organize trainings with RSA colleagues to the accelerator project teams
What will make you successful
• Master's degree in food science/ technology combined with food law
• Asset if certified in regulatory affairs e.g. Michigan State University International Food Law Certificate
• Successfully led regulatory activities in innovation and renovation projects with product launches
• Experience in regulatory assessment of new ingredients, their labeling and authorization
• Very good comprehension of EU regulatory framework, (e.g. labeling, claims, and ingredient regulations, etc.)
• Experience in ingredient development and registration
• Creativity, proactive in proposing options, pragmatic, in the detail while able to see the big picture, organized and planning skills
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.