Publication date:23 March 2023
The L'OCCITANE Group is a global, natural and organic ingredient-based cosmetics and well-being products maker, producer and retailer. The Group is built on strong values of entrepreneurship, team work, respect and authenticity. It is committed to developing products that are environmentally friendly and sustainable.
The Group has eight brands: L'OCCITANE en Provence, Melvita, Erborian, L'OCCITANE au Brésil, LimeLife, Elemis, Sol de Janeiro and Grown Alchemist.
With a presence in 90 countries, our products are distributing in more than 3,000 stores in the world.
L'OCCITANE Group's mission is to "empower entrepreneurs and communities to cultivate natural beauty and well-being and regenerate nature". L'OCCITANE is also committed to sustainability for business, people & the planet, as well as respect of human rights, ethics principles and labour protection. All employees at L'OCCITANE must therefore implement the company's mission and integrate the social, environmental, economic and legal effects of their actions in their day-to-day job. In practice, this means that any employee at L'OCCITANE shall contribute to growing sales, regenerating nature, caring for our consumers & partners and supporting our employees.
You are inhabited by a highly collaborative energy and entrepreneurial mindset? Apply now and join us!
CONTEXT & MISSION:
We are looking for a highly motivated Cost Controller to join our Erborian Finance Team for a permanent contract!
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the 2 entities that carry Erborian's central costs on accounting, financial, legal, statutory, treasury and tax aspects. You will
- Provide each department with financial information in accurate and timely manner to get visibility on the results and performance;
- Develop a business partner relationship with her/his stakeholders and actively participate to central strategical decisions;
- Enhance the performance and control the complexity by challenging the status quo and offering new solutions.
The position is based in Plan-Les-Ouates (near Geneva) and reports to the Erborian Finance Manager.
- Perform monthly closing of 2 legal entities (one French and one Korean) that carry the central costs of Erborian brand with internal accounting departments support and 2 external accounting firms;
- Assist the external accounting firms in their work of consolidating the results in the SAP BPC software;
- Ensure that the accounts are appropriately recorded in each country and validated by external auditor;
- Prepare annual operating budgets and quarterly forecasts of these 2 entities with each Business partner;
- Analyze expenses and variances against budget and forecasts and provide reporting to Erborian management, Group and business partners;
- Execute ad hoc analyses and provide related presentations;
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company's procedures;
- Work with the legal, treasury and tax departments on all issues encountered by the 2 entities (cash management, contract review, etc.);
- Support in providing the Group, financial direction and auditors with the financial information and relevant analysis;
- Develop new tools and processes to monitor and improve efficiency;
- Participate to the evolution of the information systems.
HOW YOU CAN FIT:
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline;
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role ideally in the FMCG industry;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Advanced level on Excel and Powerpoint, SAP is a plus;
- Reliable, rigorous with strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong team-player with the ability to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with multiple departments;
- Appetite for change and challenges and at ease in an international fast-paced environment.
STARTING DATE: April 2023