Publication date:29 December 2022
We are looking for a Carbon Trader to join our team. As the Carbon Trader your tasks will revolve around supporting with setup of our trading capabilities on carbon trading market. The right candidate has a strong interest in sustainability issues and in environmental market mechanisms.
- Lead the initial set-up phase to establish carbon trade execution capabilities.
- Manage physical and futures trading book, covering products including International Carbon offsets, EU ETS Allowances and other environmental credits markets.
- Analyze markets in the assigned region and develop and execute proprietary trading strategies
- Manage capital allocation for positions and develop optimal trade execution strategies while managing the associated risks of the strategy.
- Prepare proposals for carbon offsetting based on pre-existing projects as well as conducting onsite meetings and discussion with prospective clients and representing the company at conferences in order to build brand awareness.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to follow the entire trade cycle from drafting contracts to delivery.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Carbon Offsets when required in client meetings, conferences, and other corporate events.
- Build and maintain strong relationships.
- Performing other duties as directed.
Requirements, Competencies and Certifications
- In-depth knowledge of renewable energy and carbon markets, including, but not limited to, supply and demand, pricing, logistics, regulations and operations
- Specific knowledge of hedging and trading techniques for specific regions.
- Ability to quickly understand complex requests and transform them into trade opportunities.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic commodity market environment,
- Strong interest in sustainability and environmental market mechanisms
- Motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to multitask.
Minimum Education & Experience
- MSc/MA in finance, economics or related field and/or energy/environmental studies with economic profile.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Commercial experience preferred
- Fluent in English and in French (written & spoken).
Start: Immediately or earliest convenient date.
Place of work: CH Switzerland, Geneva
If we have raised your interest in this challenging position, please, send us your CV and cover letter.
We look forward to receiving your application additionally please also state your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
No recruitment agencies please