Publication date:28 février 2023
Our client is an international company based in canton of Neuchatel
The Application Engineer’s role is to provide technical sales assistance to current and prospective customers by understanding an application’s motion need and identifying the optimal motion solution. The Application Engineer may prepare and present proposals and price quotes to current and prospective customers by considering both performance and commercial needs to help the customer design a marketable, reliable, and profitable product. He/She will also manage new project opportunities within a global and cross functional organization to drive growth in Europe and travel to customer locations from time to time to assist in on-site specifications review, prototype testing, design reviews, opportunity status reviews, and quality support.
Your responsibilities :
- Work leads / opportunities through key stages of sales funnel including but not limited to opportunity identification, assessment of customer needs, presenting quote, prototype, and product qualification in an effort to accelerate opportunities to design wins,
- Develop optimal technical and commercial motion solutions tailored to customer needs by choosing from an extensive standard catalog portfolio, or by collaborating with global and cross functional organization to provide a custom product,
- Perform engineering calculations as necessary for product selection to meet the demands of the application. This requires the ability to read and understand technical drawings,
- Manage projects from prototyping to product qualification,
- Responsible for collaborating with designated outside sales representatives in a specified geographic region in order to meet and/or exceed annual revenue targets.
- Support changes requested by customer on running business,
- Responsible for handling customer folder: specifications, products and projects deliverables,
- Provide technical training to the sales team to improve product knowledge and optimize value proposition,
- Provide training for customers and distributors as may be required,
- Support marketing activities to improve visibility on the market by delivering whitepapers, technical notes, application notes,
- Active support of quality issues from assigned territory customers and acts as an internal advocate for the customer,
- Work in a lab environment to conduct basic testing on an as needed basis.
Your profile :
- Engineer degree or equivalent (Mechanical or Electrical engineering degree), HES/EPFL
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Project Management or Mechatronic/Automation Engineering
- English: Fluent in writing and speaking (required), French: Fluent in writing and speaking, any other language a plus,
- Comfortable with customer exposure and engagement
- Effectively works across cultures, facilities, distance, and time zones.
- Design / CAD: Solid Works, Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation. Travel up to 35% of the time
If you have trouble to apply on our website, please send your resume to Write an email
#BOOST Permanent Position