Technical Writer - Application Security
SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:07 August 2022
Place of work:Po box 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Technical Writer- Application Security
SonarSource builds world-class products for Code Quality and Security. Our open-source and commercial code analyzers - SonarLint, SonarCloud, SonarQube - support 29 programming languages, empowering dev teams of all sizes to solve coding issues within their existing workflows. With over 15,000 customers, and a Community Edition trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, SonarSource products are a de-facto standard for teams and organizations to deliver better, safer software.
SonarSource is looking for a technical writer who is passionate about explaining the concepts of bugs and vulnerabilities in source code to others. You will be part of the SonarCloud team and drive educational content in our code analysis products.
The impact you can have
On a daily basis, you will
- Help drive our in-product education of code issues detected by our analyzers
- Explain the root cause behind different types of code issues in an understandable and easily digestible manner
- Convert complex technical topics into engaging, educational content
- Understand developers and optimize existing technical content for our user base
- Collaborate with our researchers to understand code issues and highly technical concepts
- Collaborate with designers to help illustrate technical concepts
The skills you will demonstrate
- Experience with writing technical content about code related topics (e.g. own blog)
- Excellent proficiency in English with a fluid, laid-back writing style
- The ability to explain complex concepts in an easily understandable way
- Passionate about writing for and sharing knowledge with a technical audience
- Solid understanding of the developer community and ecosystem
- Ability to read and understand code in multiple programming languages, such as Java, Python, or PHP
- Ability to learn and understand the root causes behind issues in source code (see rules.sonarsource.com)
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture:
we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours:
we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, this is why some people prefer to work from home one day per week.
- Great people:
we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance:
keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning:
in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.