MOTION CONTROL ENGINEER
Publication date:19 March 2023
Place of work:Länggasse 56, 2504 Bienne
Bien-Air is a growing international company which develops, manufactures, and markets high-techinstruments for multiple surgical specialities. We have held an enviable position on the international market for many years thanks to our emphasis on invention and innovation, as well as the high quality of our products and services.
To support our R&D department at our site in Biel / Bienne we are looking for a :
Motion Control Engineer
This engineer will play a key role in a fast-moving team and participate in the implementation of BLDC sensorless motor control systems. The engineer will work closely with the electronics team to design the embedded control software and to improve system-level behaviors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sensorless control of high-speed motors; including position and velocity estimation.
- Definition of motor parameters using simulation and characterization tools.
- Analyse data from models and physical measurements to improve motor performances.
- Tuning and calibration of complete systems on test bench.
- Integration and functional testing with hardware and software-in-the-loop.
- Design, verify and document software according to medical standards.
- Participate in risk analysis, specifications, and tests protocols related to the surgical use.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- At least 3 years full time industry experience
- Good knowledge of sensorless BLDC motors control and modelling in Simulink
- Knowledge of embedded C++ firmware development
- Experience with electronics debugging tools: oscilloscope, logic analyser, power analyser
- Experience with medical standards (ISO 13485 / 14971 and IEC 62304 / 60601) is an asset
- Exposure to other languages and frameworks such as: Python, R, Qt 5, embedded Linux
- French or German as mother tongue with good knowledge of English (a minimum of Upper Intermediate [B2] to Advanced [C1])
We are offering successful applicants the opportunity to join an internationally renowned company, with attractive working conditions and benefits, within a high-tech environment.
Complete applications (cover letter, CV, work certificates, etc.) should be sent directly through Jobup.
Applications without any cover letter will not be reviewed.