Mechanical Design Engineer
Publication date:16 mars 2023
Place of work:Avenue des Découvertes 14, 1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
With over a century of experience in battery research and manufacturing, Leclanché is well placed to tackle the challenges of the transition to a carbon-free society. As the only European manufacturer of both power and energy lithium-ion battery cells, Leclanché provides the most effective energy storage solutions for electric vehicles, industrial, marine, grid and microgrid applications.
Our e-Transport Engineering group is responsible for designing complete energy storage solutions using Leclanche produced battery modules, BMS and other required components. To support the current rapid expansion in the market demand for our products, the e-Transport Engineering group is looking, for our offices in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland, for a:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Role & Responsibilities
• Work on various products we develop for our customers.
• Participate to the product design requirements from internal brief.
• Participate to the project team
• Create digital models and drawings, integrate DFA, DFM requirements.
• Participate to design reviews, DFMEA and/or other control methodologies.
• Maintain technical contact with suppliers for design and prototypes supply.
• Build and manage the BOM within PDM system, interface with the purchasing.
• Participate to prototype build.
• Main contacts are the system development and application engineers.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-chemical)
• A minimum 5 years of experience as mechanical engineer ideally in the transportation industry. Experience of railway industry would be a plus
• Work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
• Experience in industrial design
• Strong knowledge of SolidWorks
• Experience in Battery testing and technology would be a plus
• PDM experience would be a plus
• Experience in battery design or similar product (mechanical + high voltage circuits + electronic integration + cabling + piping) would be a plus
• Experience in CAE (FEA, Thermal, CFD) would be a plus
• Customer Focus: Acts with the customer in mind. Is responsive to the needs and opinions of others.
• Initiative and Adaptability: Identifies problems and finds solutions in a creative manner. Demonstrates flexibility to changing conditions and/or environment.
• Result Orientation: Possesses and applies knowledge and skills necessary for task completion.
• Communication: Written and verbal communications are clear, concise and understandable.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others and is part of a team.
• English fluent spoken and written.
• French and other european languages are plus.
We offer an interesting job in an international growing company, dynamic and collaborative working environment, possibility to work on innovative projects and continuous professional growth.
Passion for work, initiative and adaptability, impact and influence, innovation and decisiveness are the key attributes we are looking for.
If you are Swiss or EU citizen, or hold a valid work permit, please apply and send your full application only in English.
No recruitment agencies please