Head of Site Automation Engineering
Publication date:15 August 2022
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world
Head of Site Automation Engineering
About the role :
The Head of Site Automation engineering is
- A member of the site engineering leadership team
- Accountable for managing the site automation engineering staff and its interfaces with the other site engineering function as well as non-engineering interfaces
- Operationalizes the Takeda Automation Strategy & its programs and ensures fit4purpose for the site and the overall site masterplan
- Enforce automation harmonization & standardization based on strategic drivers
- Implements CapEx projects as an Automation SME
- Lead the site Automation team with vision, purpose and focus on core services that Automation provides to the site
- Develop a strategic workforce setup on site delivering the following mission critical roles, skills and deliveries in the field of: Automation Data Engineering & Governance, Automation Cybersecurity & Data Integrity Compliance, Automation Solution & System Engineering, Automation & OT System Support.
- Drive aspects of modern automation (state-of-the art/emerging automation system technology and shopfloor data integration
- You are the Business and System Owner Funtion for Automation & control systems, including administrative ownership for Functional Level 0-3 systems (control systems & the data there of)
- You ahve a solid understanding of the IT4OT infratstructure (hosting & network) practices/procedures needed to keep the IT4OT infrastructure of such control systems operable and can advise IT service departments accordingly
- You can define SLA requirements with internal (e.g. IT4OT infrastructure (secure hosting & network services) & external service providers (Automation system integrators and Automation vVendors and can keep traction of corresponding KPI fullfillments for his department.
- Operate a modern and risked-based obsolescence management approach for disruptive and incremental change management in automation system replacement
- Build a solid site automation strategy based from the Takeda Global Automation Strategy and its programs to drive Takeda’s Automation vision/ambition to ensures uninterrupted operation by utilizing modern automation technology at competitive cost and lean run-&-maintain level to fully extend the Takeda Digital Backbone onto the shop floor
What you bring to Takeda :
- Education: Bachelor plus 12 years min experience or Master deree and 8 years experience in Automation Engineering (process, data, equipment, facility automation) or electromechanical/chemical engineering with main subject of Automation Engineering (process, data, equipment, facility automation)
- Proven track record of automation systems and data integration
- Very good knowledge of proven industrial automation technologies and experience in emerging (Industry 4.0) technologies & how to apply these in pharmaceutical automation concepts
- Strong automation cybersecurity knowhow & industrial networking experience
- General knowledge in Digital/Data Science and its enabling concepts
- Data Integrity Trouble Shooting & GxP knowledge, good pharmaceutical experience
- Pharmaceutical process knowledge
- Project management skills
- Financial acumen
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Languages: Business fluent proficiency inFrench & English (written and oral)
- Strong skills to work in matrix organization with excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills required.
- Sound industry knowledge, project proficiency, and autonomy expected. May be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in various disciplines.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of professionals, both internal and external.
- Ensures and is accountable for all deliverables including schedule milestones, financial performance, and quality of scope according to the assigned projects.
- Experience in managing contractors and external vendors to deliver robust technical solutions.
- Manage and forecast capital and expense budgets
What we offer:
What Takeda can offer you:
- Attractive salaries
- Full accident cover
- Participation in health insurance premiums
- Advantageous retirement plans
- Subsidized meal
- Financial participation in the sports practices of its employees
- Transportation: support in local public transport, free parking, carpooling program
- Takeda Neuchâtel offers to its employees an attractive framework and working conditions. The well-being, safety, development and career development of its employees are at the heart of our vision and of our Human Resources, Health, Environment and Safety policies.
- Takeda Neuchâtel is an employer committed to its employees and future generations.
Travels to Takeda sites within the region or global are expected as well as travels to vendors and service providers. (up to 15%)
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.