Publication date:10 March 2023
Place of work:Belle-Fontaine 18, 1001 Lausanne
Making Trade Happen
Coface is a team of 4,500 people of 78 nationalities across nearly 60 countries, all sharing a corporate culture across the world. Together, we work towards one objective: facilitating trade by helping our 50,000 corporate clients develop their businesses.
With 75 years of experience, Coface is a leader in the credit insurance and risk management market. As a close-knit, international organization at the core of the global economy, Coface offers an enriching work experience on several levels: relational, professional, and cultural.
In Switzerland, Coface has 3 entities (in insurance, reinsurance and services) and is present in 2 locations: Lausanne (VD) and Oerlikon (ZH)
Every day, our teams are making trade happen. Join us!
As part of a high-performance and dynamic team, we are looking to complete the Reinsurance Department a proactive, curious, well-organized team-player Reinsurance Manager.
The two main activities can be described as follow:
- External Reinsurance: The Reinsurance Department centralizes the purchase of reinsurance coverage on behalf of Coface entities; it defines the structure of the protection purchased, negotiates the financial conditions and ensures the operational follow-up.
- Internal Reinsurance: The Reinsurance Department transmits the externally purchased coverage to the entities of the Group through internal programs. This requires the establishment of internal reinsurance treaties which should be calibrated according to the needs of each entity and then monitored regularly.
Within the Reinsurance Department, the Reinsurance Manager will be in charge of the contractual, technical and financial activities related to Reinsurance. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
YOUR MAIN MISSIONS:
- Setting up of external and internal reinsurance programs (type of cover and legal structure of the contracts, configuration of the contracts in the dedicated application ...) and ensuring the operational follow-up
- Managing relationships with ceding companies, reinsurers and brokers
- Drafting contract wording for the ceding companies
- Ensuring the management of the treaties in the dedicated application
- Verifying and analysing information on ceding reinsurance statements / reports
- Preparing reinsurance cession and retrocession statements
- Assisting the financial teams in analysing the accounting results/outcome
- Carrying out and documenting internal controls over financial reporting
- Assisting with Internal and External
Reportings and management tools:
- Preparing quarterly reporting files,
- Optimizing processes, reporting and management tools related to reinsurance management in making appropriate decisions
- Contributing to projects related to reinsurance
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Insurance required or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience, ideally in a financial institution or an insurance company.
- French and English fluency (written and spoken) are a must-have, any additional language would be considered as a strong advantage.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Insurance/ Reinsurance domain knowledge
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, clients and partners.
- Respond independently to internal and external requests utilising both written/verbal communication.
- Financial spirit, strong analytical skills and ability to calculate and deal with numbers and nonverbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, etc.,)
- Solid skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint (this will be assessed at your recruitment interview). Access or SAP BusinessObjects would be considered as a strong advantage.
- Professionalism in performance and behaviour,
- Ability to quickly acquire a new and complex functional domain,
Good organisation and follow-up skills
- We offer a human-sized team in a casual atmosphere providing support to each other and sharing knowledge and experience. Our business and the role itself will provide you with a great opportunity to gain experience in world leading services
- Training, health insurance contribution, pension fund
Romain Risuleo HR Officer looks forward to receive your complete application documents
- Romain Risuleo