Teacher of Physical and Health Education at 33%
Publication date:15 novembre 2022
Workload:30 – 40%
Place of work:Chemin de la Grangette, 1052 Le Mont-sur-Lausanne
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Permanent contract from 1 August 2023
Our Primary School community (320 students) is exceptionally diverse with students from 52 countries speaking 36 languages. Our 45 teaching staff are experienced, passionate, and self-motivated educators. We are seeking to employ an inspirational and passionate teacher who is committed to provide engaging learning experiences for our learners.
As this is a part time position, being flexible to accommodate scheduling is essential.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- Ability to teach IB PYP Physical and Health Education in Primary School (three to eleven-year old children)
- A recognized PHE teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- High proficiency in English and French is essential
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Ski programme or outdoor sport programme experience
To apply, please submit the following documents on Job Up:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: 11 December
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact, and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.
No recruitment agencies please