Publication date:15 March 2023
Place of work:Promenade de Saint-Antoine, 10, 1204 Genève
MKS PAMP S.A. is a precious metals and financial services company part of the MKS PAMP GROUP, specializing in all aspects of gold and other precious metals processing and trading. It develops and maintains long-term relationships, and offers a wide range of services in those markets. MKS PAMP draws from more than 60 years of experience.
Networked through modern communications systems between its various offices worldwide, MKS PAMP is closely involved in the latest gold and price developments throughout the world, 24 hours a day.
With its direct involvement in the physical precious metals market, and through its refinery in Ticino, MKS PAMP maintains a thorough understanding of the industry, as well as consistently high-quality products and services.
Moreover, the Group is headed by an uncommonly experienced team of precious metals professionals, with 1000 employees worldwide and 13 offices on five continents.
To strengthen our legal team, we are looking for a
As a market leader, MKS PAMP remains on the pulse of the global gold business, advising the financial services industry on the commodity that lies at the heart of our monetary system.
The job holder will review and draft contracts and assist with negotiations for a wide range of commercial transactions, in Switzerland and abroad, including refining agreements, transport agreements, sales agreements, NDAs, financing agreements, loan/lease agreements, supplier contracts, as well as other legal documents.MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing overall legal expertise and support by advising the company on all legal matters that may arise in its operations, structures and activities, in particular key issues and risks in contracts.
- Helping develop and maintain a streamlined, efficient, and scalable contracting process.
- Supporting Intellectual property portfolio management and counterfeit matters.
- Handling legal-related administrative tasks and legal research.
- Tackling anything else that comes our way, given that we are a fast-growing and innovative company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a Swiss University
- Master’s degree in law or business/economics
- The Swiss Bar Exam is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional legal experience, ideally with exposure to an international environment in a company as in-house counsel
- Ability to effectively apply a commercial mindset to legal issues in order to propose optimal legal solutions for the business.
- Ability to interact with and develop productive relationships with management and department managers.
- Investigative mind and strong research skills.
- Excellent communication skills and high drive;
- Sense of responsibility and initiative;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement and innovative thinking both in approach and in practical effect;
- Resistance to stress and time pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer orientation;
- Agile and flexible mindset, reactive to requests;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to interact with colleagues of diverse cultures; respect for diversity;
- Good IT skills; proficiency in Windows environment is expected;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and French is required; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Swiss national or holder of a valid Swiss working permit.
If you are interested and would like to join a multicultural, motivated, and dynamic team with excellent values, we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please apply directly at https://careers.mkspamp.com/jobs/2312410-legal-officer and check all our opportunities on our careers site: https://careers.mkspampgroup.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented to apply.
No recruitment agencies please