Publication date:08 November 2022
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
This role is based at the Syngenta Experimental Field Station in Vouvry VS
· Planning, implementation & execution of the agreed field trial program
o Generating high quality field trial information, delivering in agreed timeframe
· Working with new digital tools, software and solutions
o Evaluate new technologies and support their implementation on the field station
· Supporting safety & quality management tasks at the field stations
o Strengthen the implementation and culture of safety & quality on site
· Proactive interaction with key stakeholders such as internal trial requestor
Planning and coordination of workload of seasonal workers with the local team
What we are looking for:
· Agronomic background or experience in field trailing, specific training in Crop protection, experimental field technics or similar expertise
· Ideally expertise in scouting, evaluating & implementing digital solutions in an agronomic/scientific environment
· Ideally specific knowledge in weed control management strategies
· A scientific mindset and open to explore new and innovative areas
· Ability to work independently and well organized
· Strong teamwork and communication skills
· Affinity for machinery and technical equipment
- Able to interpret trialing data & apply statistical tools
- Open mindset, willing, capable and agile to learn fast any upcoming new tools, technologies etc
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
· We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
· The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
· Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
· You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – 18048087
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.