Transfer Pricing Manager
Publication date:08 August 2022
At home everywhere
What we do matters and the world values our services
We supply a growing world with agricultural commodities, such as grains and oilseeds, which are inside many of the meals we eat. We transport crops, connecting farmers to customers in ways that help ensure food security and improve environmental efficiency. We provide ingredients and know-how to some of the biggest food processors and foodservice brands in the world. We produce high-quality consumer products in the Americas, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Transfer Pricing Manager
The Transfer Pricing Manager will be a member of our Global Tax Team and report directly to the Director, Global Tax Planning and Transfer Pricing. The primary responsibility of this position is to focus on operational aspects of transfer pricing, which include but are not limited to:
• Drive and execute accurate and timely compliance with mandatory (periodic and annual) transfer pricing documentation (transfer pricing reports, country-by-country reporting, the global Master File and other documentation requirements)
• Drive and execute day-to-day management of outside service providers who assist in the preparation of the transfer pricing documentation and Bunge Business Services (BBS)
• Manage and conduct fact finding interviews and prepare functional analyses
• Collaborate with Regional Tax and Bunge Business, Finance and other Departments to timely and accurately collect necessary data needed throughout the transfer pricing lifecycle
• Execute on utilization of the technology, design and implement process improvement and analytic initiatives that drive efficiency in data collection and reporting capabilities to senior management
• Support and execute on the global process of managing cost allocations and corporate charge outs; ensure relevant document to support recharges
• Support on efficiency, consistency and optimization of recharges - to increase benefit to the company and mitigate risk
• Support on continuous improvement and simplification of transfer pricing documentation as well as global recharges processes
• Assisting in transfer pricing planning projects including fact gathering, impact assessment modeling and analytics, and preparation of stakeholder deliverables
• Developing suggestions and project ideas considering tax goals- practical and theoretical aspects- transfer pricing and tax regulatory and policy environments and other economic factors
• Assist in developing transfer pricing and audit defense strategy
• Manage global transfer pricing documentation process, including preparing transfer pricing work products, conducting functional interviews, data gathering & analytics, and liaising between regional tax/controlling personnel and outside service provider to ensure timely compliance balancing risk/reward.
• Coordination of services cost allocations/recharges. Working with local tax teams on preserving deductibility of allocations/recharges.
• Management of BEPS Action 13 deliverables, keeping abreast of international developments
• Provide assistance with transfer pricing compliance matters, especially with new Bunge business initiatives and new regulatory developments.
• Support in liaising with Corporate controlling and FP&A concerning management reporting and legal entity reporting implications of service fees, reconciling desired management reporting outcomes with legal entity reporting requirements.
• Provide assistance on tax audits concerning challenges with transfer pricing, particularly with service cost allocations/recharges.
• Support in developing an oversight / RACI matrix with Bunge Business Services concerning transitioning of aspects of transfer pricing compliance execution to BBS
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related area. MST/JD and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of tax experience with at least 3 years' transfer pricing experience. Tax experience should include international tax
- Experience with financial modeling and analytics including manipulating and assessment of large data sets
- Experience negotiating and interacting with tax authorities is helpful
- Strong technical expertise in transfer pricing, including US and OECD transfer pricing guidelines and BEPS proposals
- Demonstrated ability in working effectively with internal regional and local country tax teams, external accountants, attorneys, tax auditors, as well as internal constituents
- Team-oriented and excellent communication with the ability to interface at all levels
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and present solutions
- Project management and commitment to high quality and detailed worked
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word; experience using Power Query or Power BI is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex tax technical topics to non-tax stakeholders