MECHANICAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Publication date:01 février 2023
Place of work:Länggasse 56, 2504 Bienne
Bien-Air is a growing international company which develops, manufactures, and markets high-tech instruments for microsurgery. We have held an enviable position in the international market for many years thanks to our emphasis on invention and innovation, and the high quality of our products and services. To support our team, we are looking to add to our team at our site in Biel/Bienne a:
Mechanical Development Manager
This manager will play a key role in a fast-moving team and participate in the development of our Medical Devices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage mechanical R&D activities with currently 4 highly skilled mechanical engineers
- Develop and manage new product development projects with all departments
- Participate in the identification of user needs and define the resulting technical specifications
- Plan the manufacturing and testing of the prototypes
- Validate product compliance to specifications and standards in collaboration with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
- Optimize quality and cost of existing product lines
- Maintain documentation in compliance with MDR and FDA regulations
- Implement appropriate tools and methods for continuous improvement
- Ensure simple and reliable cross-functional communication between R&D, industrialization, and production
- Promote innovation within the company and ensure the integration of new technologies
Qualifications & experience required:
- At least a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, micro-mechanical or biomedical engineering
- 5 years’ experience in the Medical Device industry with previous management experience
- Good knowledge of materials, machining procedures and surface treatments
- Good theoretical knowledge in 3D CAD (e.g., Creo, PLM Windchill) and MS Office
- Fluent in French and English
- Open-minded personality with the ability to quickly integrate in a team
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Presentation and written communication skills
We are offering successful applicants the opportunity to join an internationally renowned company, with attractive working conditions and benefits, within a high-tech environment.
Complete applications (cover letter, CV, work certificates, etc.) should be sent directly through Jobup.
Applications without any cover letter will not be reviewed.