Global Mobility Compensation/Payroll - Manager (all genders)
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Services (CH)Genève
Publication date:05 November 2022
Global Mobility Compensation/Payroll - Manager (all genders)
Facilitate GCM (Global Compensation Management) services for large multi-national companies
With the ever-increasing focus on global compliance by tax authorities, the timely management and compliant delivery of compensation for globally mobile employees is here to stay; this is your opportunity to help innovate, shape and deliver the future of our GCM services.
The Global Employer Services (GES) team, as part of the Deloitte Tax & Legal department, provides multi-national companies with targeted advice and strategies for running Global Mobility programs in an efficient manner with respect to tax and social security costs and supports clients with the end-to-end management of global compensation for internationally mobile employees. The team also takes care that clients are able to manage their global payroll and taxation requirements whilst paying employees accurately and on time.
As a Manager on the Global Workforce Solutions team that sits within GES, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management and delivery of GCM services for our clients. Furthermore you will guide the monthly delivery of expatriate payroll instructions (actual and shadow) and provide support in relation to delivery by local payroll teams. You will work across all aspects of global engagements, building close relationships with Deloitte teams around the world. You will advise clients on compensation collation services on a monthly/quarterly basis and will be responsible for consulting projects in relation to all aspects of global mobility compensation, including process improvements, process mapping, training and delivery. You will be responsible for the delivery of technology and process implementation and project management to support the set-up of the services.
We provide a team oriented culture that allows for both personal and professional growth. Our working environment provides opportunities for creative and self-motivated employees, keen to develop themselves, the team and our relationship with our clients. Competitive compensation and benefits are offered as well as a broad internal and external training programme.
How you can make an impact
Provide a high quality service to our multi-national clients in Global Mobility seeking to achieve payroll compliance. Manage and take responsibility for a team involved in the following tasks:
- Management of the end-to-end GCM process including review and sign-off of payroll instructions, delivery of instructions to local payroll teams in line with the agreed deadlines, experience with compensation collection from local payroll teams and vendors, review and sign-off of reconciliation reports, along with various other payroll compliance activities
- Consultancy and advice on payroll processing treatment and technical requirements in relation to payroll withholding for internationally mobile employees, as well as year-end reporting requirements
- Management of engagement financials (planning, billing, cash collection, etc.) and a proactive mindset to constantly seek improvement of engagement financials through implementing best practices
- Building and developing long term relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and teams
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Who we are looking for
- You have minimum 7-10 years of experience in a Big 4 firm or a large in-house team or a large in-house team providing compensation services to international clients and /or expatriates, including implementation experience
- Stand out project management, client service delivery skills, experience in managing a team, reliable team player and have a good network in the market in order to build customer relationships
- Experience/knowledge of working with technology platforms (e.g. AssignmentPro) to manage the delivery of global compensation. Understanding of excel macros and automation tools, is an advantage
- You are comfortable in your field of work, have payroll technical skills and advanced experience managing global shadow payrolls and large datasets using a systematic and consistent approach
- You communicate fluently in English. Any further languages may be an advantage
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team at our Geneva office. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on "apply now" to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer at Write an email
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 9458
- Recruiter Manager
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Services (CH)