DFE Software Engineer - m/f
BSA - Bobst Mex SAMex VD
Publication date:05 mars 2023
DFE Software Engineer - m/f
In this Digital Front End Software engineer role you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and validating functionality for the next generation of our pre-press software composed of a cloud-based interface for configuration and monitoring as well as a processing engine for the transformation of PDF files into printable data.
In digital printing, pre-press software is used to configure, validate, monitor, and automate the exchange and the processing of PDF files into data that printing machines can use. You will work with a wide range of technologies, communication protocols and programming languages to provide customers with a fully automated digital printing workflow going from customer IT systems to printers. You will be part of a small team using modern tools and methodology to deliver innovative products in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement new SW components handling:
- Pre-Press PDF processingin in a distributed environment,
- Connectivity with customers systems, our print engine,
and our cloud platform,
- Configuration and monitoring functionality within our cloud platform,
- Adapt existing modules to fit with the new cloud-based architecture,
- Participate to the extension of the automated build and test framework,
- Perform code reviews and ensure that own developments passe CI daily,
- Ensure that software quality standards are applied via adequate automated tests,
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (print specialists, product owner, field technicians, customers, …).
- +4-5 years of experience writing software solutions in C# and C++,
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET,
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of modern software development principles, concepts, and practices,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Positive team player who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Experience in cloud technologies,
- Knowledge of digital printing technologies,
- BSc or MSc in computer science,
- Proficiency in English, French is a strong asset
- Languages: C#, C/C++20, Angular
- Frameworks: .NET, Azure, Adobe PPE
- CI/CD: Azure Devops with git
- IDE: Visual Studio
For more than 130 years, and over 50 countries, BOBST has always been at the forefront of innovation and we want to accelerate connectivity, digitalization, automation and sustainability to make packaging better than ever.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.