SonarLint - C# Developer
SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:01 October 2022
Place of work:Geneva, 1215 Geneva 15
SonarLint - C# Developer
The impact you can have
SonarLint is a plugin for popular IDEs including Visual Studio, with the aim to help developers fix code quality and security issues before they exist by analyzing and highlighting issues on the fly as you code. In addition, SonarLint integrates with our server products SonarQube and SonarCloud to further enhance the development experience.
Our team is looking for a talented C# developer passionate about creating great products.
Your mission is to help the team make SonarLint a tool all developers would love to use in their IDE.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop SonarLint for Visual Studio (add new features, adapt to new versions of Visual Studio, improve performance …)
- Ensure that our analyzers provide a great developer experience in the IDE
- Ensure SonarLint integrates well with SonarCloud and SonarQube
At team level, you will
- Help define the team’s short and long term goals
- Collaborate with Product Managers on defining new features and give your input on product functionality and priorities
- Engage with the Open-Source community, other SonarSourcers and the Support team and integrate their feedback
- Improve your team: perform design and code reviews, challenge the status quo, improve processes, share technical knowledge
The skills you will demonstrate
- Ability to develop in C# with clean code principles and practices
- Excellent engineering skills and a good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Fluency in source code quality: tests (unit and functional), CI/CD, code reviews
- Experience with agile practices and principles
- Comfortable in dealing with change
- Leadership; you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Self-confident to challenge the status quo as well as to be challenged
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience with developing Visual Studio extensions
- Experience with WPF
- Experience using and configuring static analyzers as part of the development process
Our main office is located in Geneva, Switzerland, with additional offices in Annecy, France and Bochum, Germany. This position is also available remotely, as long as there is a substantial overlap with the Geneva workday (i.e. available between Central European Time +/- 2 hours). Currently, half of the team is based in the Geneva office and the other half is remote.
No recruitment agencies please