Junior IP Paralegal
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SAVevey
Publication date:14 August 2022
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
Junior IP Paralegal
Location: Vevey, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
As a Junior IP Paralegal, you will assist Legal Counsel(s) IP responsible for the trademark portfolio(s).
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
- Conduct trademark availability searches (online screen searches and full availability searches) and is capable to analyse the results
- Handle trademark and industrial design registration process from filing to grant; deal with objections issued by IP Authorities in the world, defensive oppositions by third parties
- Watch and analyse publication of competitive trademarks and file respective oppositions if necessary
- Update internal database and create new files/records as needed, docket and monitor deadlines
- Support task forces and other initiatives within the team in adapting workflows and provide support in management of files, including notarization, legalization and other formalities
- At least 3 years' experience in trademark field within an international environment or alternatively a law firm
- Familiar with online databases and with web-based IP Management System, ideally Memotech, or computer literate to allow fast onboarding
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to successfully handle competing priorities.
- Flexible, proactive, team player, able to take initiatives
- Ability to work autonomously
- Open-minded and positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated to provide best in class service with hands-on approach
- Excellent command of written and spoken English a must. Good command of spoken French is desirable