Green Coffee Science Junior Specialist
Publication date:24 November 2022
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
Green Coffee Science Junior Specialist
Location: Romont, Switzerland
Company: Nespresso S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Start date: 01.02.2022
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
As a Green Coffee Science Junior Specialist, you will contribute to position our Green Coffee Team as the reference for our Coffee Development and Quality for Nespresso worldwide. Support, organize and coordinate all key activities related to quality, innovation and development of Nespresso green coffee portfolio.
We are Nespresso and are proud to be one of the fastest growing operating unit of Nestlé. Our passionate, entrepreneurial-minded team has transformed Nespresso into the reference in portioned coffee and one of the world's most trusted brands. Our growth comes from our commitment to research and development in order to pioneer and be the reference in the portioned coffee sector to provide the very highest quality coffees that could be enjoyed in the comfort of consumers' own homes and also savored at out-of-home locations, such as restaurants, hotels, offices and luxury retail businesses. We guarantee quality by taking a careful, thoughtful approach in how we source our green coffee, produce and market our premium coffee products. With corporate headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland, Nespresso is present in over 60 countries and counts over 12,000 employees worldwide. To learn more visit www.nespresso.com.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Green Coffee Science Junior Specialist
- Organize and execute green coffee Science activities such as:
- Development of new green coffee qualities
- Innovation in post-harvest practices
- Applied research to sustainability and green coffee quality
- Physical and sensorial data collection of green coffees
- Management of results and database
- Improvement of processes and procedures in ISO-17025 accredited laboratory
- Development of new technologies for quality appraisal
- Participate in roasting, tasting and green coffee analytical activities
- Participate in field trial organization and research projects with Nestlé Research & Development and external research partners
- Project management, following agreed deadlines and deliverables with Nestlé Research and external Research Institutes
- To provide services to other units such as Nespresso Sustainability Department or Nespresso Quality Department.
What will make you successful
- Msc in Plant biology, Agronomy or Biology
- Experience with coffee agriculture and agronomy (farm experience is a plus)
- Sensory skills and competence in coffee tasting (Q-grader is a plus)
- Experience in research (in coffee is a plus)
- Excellent work planning and prioritization skills
- Strong team spirit
- Fluent in English, Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Excel, Word, Power Point, Statistics software skills
- Motivation to make a difference and contribute to the success of Nespresso
- Solution-oriented, pragmatic and flexible person