Publication date:02 November 2022
Place of work:Passage du Cardinal 1, 1700 Fribourg
Plastic Omnium (www.plasticomnium.com) is a key worldwide player within the connected and sustainable mobility.
With an international footprint of 131 plants and 26 R&D centers, Plastic Omnium relies on its 32,000 employees to meet the challenges of clean and smart mobility.
Hydrogen FCEVs (Fuel Cell Electrical Vehicle) is a major new source of growth.
Innovation-driven since its creation, Plastic Omnium is now paving the way for the zero-carbon vehicles and is confident that hydrogen will play a key role in the clean mobility of the future. Since 2015, the company has been investing in hydrogen technologies with the ambition of being a leading player across the whole hydrogen value chain.
In order to reach the objectives in a new but fast growing and technology evolving market, Plastic Omnium has set up a dedicated Division “New Energies division” focusing on Hydrogen Storage, Fuel Cell Stack and Integrated Hydrogen Systems.
Join this adventure! We are searching for a CAD Engineer, located in Fribourg
- 3D Design of Fuel Cell Systems and test set-ups in collaboration with the project team members
- Optimization of structural parts with FEM simulation (own simulations and outsourced to subcontractors)
- Ordering and production follow-up of build-to-print prototype and series production parts with the support of purchasing and quality
Responsibilities and activities
· Performing the design and development work on Fuel Cell Systems (FCS) and balance-of-plant components
· Creating design studies and related design calculations
· Creating CATIA 3D models
· Creating and checking detail drawings
· Coordinating the design work for FCS components with other departments like system engineering, test &validation, quality and manufacturing engineering
· Coordinating the order process for local projects. This includes the local management of suppliers, requests for quotes, purchase orders, inventory
· Workshop support for mechanical assembly and manual work on prototypes
· Supporting the development, maintenance and administration of technical documentation, handbooks, calculation sheets and tools
Engineering Degree as CAD designer or similar
- At least 2 year experience in the automotive or similar industry
- Excellent skills in 3D CAD modelling and detail drawing generation (CATIA)
- Good knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience with mechanical tolerances
- Very good knowledge of French and English language
No recruitment agencies please