For one of our clients, we are looking for a Senior Client Accountant in 80 - 100% permanent contract based in Geneva. The employee will join the Accounting Department of the company.
Senior Client Accountant 80 - 100% (m / f)
Our client is a well-established trust & fiduciary company based in Geneva and other international financial places.
- Client facing Senior Accountant with ability to communicate and explain complex accounting matters and actively participate in client meetings;
- Participate and drive the enhancement of accounting systems and internal financial controls for clients;
- Management of Bookkeepers / Client Accountants including resource allocation to ensure timely delivery of updates;
- Provide technical guidance and development for members of the Accounting team;
- Prepare financial statements for companies and trusts for audit or submission direct to client and regulatory authorities;
- Resolving accounting differences with Trust Managers, clients and their advisors;
- Process finalization journals into accounting records;
- Dealing with relevant review points raised by Team head / administration managers;
- Provide guidance to Trust Managers on accounting issues relating to their entities;
- Preparation of ad-hoc cash flow reports and projections for clients;
- Production of ad-hoc data extracts to facilitate decision making;
- Production of periodic reporting to clients and/or intermediaries.
- 4-5 years successful experience in offshore trust and company accounting or equivalent;
- ACCA or similar professional body qualification ;
- Swiss accounting exposure a plus ( FS / payroll / VAT returns / Tax );
- Experience with NavOne preferred ;
- English language fully fluent and French language as an asset ;
- A thorough understanding of double entry bookkeeping and the treatment of foreign currency for accounts preparation;
- Fully conversant with both a manual and computerized accounting system and a good knowledge of spreadsheet applications;
- Appreciation of Trust and Company Law and practice;
- Able to prepare accounts for a range of Trust and Company structures, i.e. property, investment etc.;
- Having attained an appropriate level of competences through professional study and/or experience, and conversant with relevant accounting standards;
- A good general knowledge and understanding of (UK) Tax matters and relating accounting issues are a significant plus.
Our client offers a 80 - 100% permanent contract within a qualitative, human-sized and dynamic working environment. Remote access is possible some days of the week.