Marketing & Communications Officer
Publication date:15 November 2022
Place of work:12, rue Michel-Servet, 1206 Genève
This position is responsible for developing, supporting and handling various marketing communications projects (e.g., launches, sales support activations and campaigns, internal communications support, events etc.) as well as supporting Oryx Energies’ digital marketing strategy and its plans including handling the content production and operational roll-out on a corporate level and supervising on a local level in close collaboration with its affiliates.
Marketing & Communications Officer
This position is twofold combining a generalist communications project manager role with a specialisation on social media.
- Marketing Communications (external and internal communication) 70%
- Liaise with internal clients and agencies to agree on briefings: involving in the concept development of communications products and operational marketing programmers and activations and will write or have input into briefs to ensure they meet internal clients’ needs and targets.
- Provide support on developing communications, campaigns and event projects and ensure brand consistency in keeping with the brand guidelines.
- Provide advice to internal clients on external communications materials: about communications materials to best choose the right communications method and approach for a particular message, context, and audience.
- Write and edit copy for a wide range of materials and subject areas.
- Ensure quality standards, schedules and costs are met.
- Digital marketing 30%
Define a clear social media strategy across the whole Oryx Energies Group in collaboration with the Group Marketing and Communication Manager and supported by agencies. Work with stakeholders from all entities to develop and implement a new and stronger curated approach to our social media activities and websites.
- Coordinate efforts to leverage social media as a sales engagement tool.
- Create corporate social media communication strategies, including targets and KPIs, and develop the respective content plans along strategic topics which you helped to define upfront
- Execute and monitor projects, coordinate, and validate the communication that comes out of our local affiliates and ensure, that the communication messages on our social media profiles are delivered consistently
- Create, implement and monitor social-ad campaigns
- Train and support colleagues in charge of social media in our affiliates on guidelines, processes, tools and success monitoring methods with focus on topic identification, content and community development
- Develop, support and interlink with other stakeholders who are active on Social Media (Corporate Management, Managing Directors, HR, etc.) and support them in their activities to reach an integrated communication approach.
- Track competitor communications and content to ensure we differentiate our brand and gain stand out in the market
- Develop social media guidelines and guarantee GDPR conformity
- Draft and manage creation of content for websites in coordination with other members of the corporate and local communications teams and stakeholders and drive engagement to landing pages.
Key working relations:
Internal: Headquarters and affiliates, colleagues those involved in commercial and marketing activities.
External: Agencies, providers, partners, brand Ambassador Team.
Experience & education required:
- 5 or more years’ experience in communications and in digital marketing communications, ideally in a multinational B2B/B2C company or in an agency
- Completed degree (e.g., media/ communications) or a comparable field of study
- Building relationships, managing stakeholders, and collaborating within your network is a core skill of yours and be comfortable working in a matrix organisation
- Strong communication skills and stylistically confident written expression facilitate your task. You pay attention to details and have strong editing skills.
- Having a flair for channel, target group and appropriate storytelling
- a creative vision and production while able to think in a process-oriented and conceptual way and delivering concrete results
- Passionate about conceptualizing, writing, creating, and producing compelling and relevant stories for our target audiences (inhouse and with agencies)
- Familiar with analyzing and reporting of campaigns and key indicators
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously without losing your eye for detail
- Excellent content creation skills and proficient with social media tools (MS Office, Canva, Google analytics. Website CMS such as WordPress and other web-based tools are a plus.
- French and English as a mother tongue or at proficiency level.
- Customer service oriented
- Integrity, rigor and respect of governance principles
- Employee engagement
- Autonomy & responsibility
- Creativity & innovation
- Team Spirit
- Risk awareness
- Search for efficiency & performance
No recruitment agencies please