Director of Finance
Publication date:20 March 2023
Place of work:Route des Hôtels 28, 1884 Villars-sur-Ollon
The Villars Alpine Resort is a unique & innovative hotel concept which includes 3 different properties (Villars Palace, Victoria Hotel & Residence, Villars Lodge), a Hotel School (VET by EHL) and a cultural center.
The resort complex is based on a 90’000m2 plot: the Villars Palace has 125 rooms & suites and reopened in June 2022 after an intensive renovation (5* superior hotel). The Victoria Hotel & Residence has 150 rooms (4* hotel) and is also fully renovated the same as the Villars Lodge with 57 rooms (3* hotel).
Overall this unique resort includes 332 rooms & suites, 7 restaurants & bars, 12 meeting rooms, a sports center, a wellness center, a hotel school (VET by EHL) and a cultural center.
The vision is to distil a new art of living while leading the hospitality of tomorrow. The mission is to create a place that brings people together in a universe where everyone can share their passions and knowledge through culture, sustainability, education while experiencing the hospitality of tomorrow.
For more information, please have a look at www.var.ch
Director of Finance
As Director of Finance, you will lead the finance & IT team of the three properties. You will report directly to the Group Managing Director and be part of the Executive Committee. You will also have direct contact with the 2 owners.
This is an excellent role to bring in your own ideas, entrepreneurial mindset and passion.
- Management and preparation of financial reports for the management and board of directors (budget, forecast, P&L and cash-flow)
- Management and coordination of tax declarations
- Establishment of financial and legal administrative tasks
- Supervision and preparation of financial audits and coordination of the audit process
- Ensuring accurate and adequate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Active contribution to the continuous improvement of financial results and process efficiency
- Ensuring effective communication with their shareholders and internal/external partners
- Development of finance department policies and procedures
- Compliance with all security policies
- Guiding, training and supporting the operational team in the implementation of financial procedures and controls, and ensuring continuous training of employees
- Participation in various projects
The role is open from now onwards. In any case, we are looking for the right candidate, so notice period is not an issue. The position is a long-term role (100%, indefinite contract) and comes with a very competitive salary and bonus system.
Ideal profile and background:
• Experienced Director of Finance or Senior Financial Controller or similar in 4* or 5* hotels
• Some experience in 5* hotels is essential; hotel experience is a must.
• Multi-site experience is an additional plus
• Very good knowledge of English; good communication skills in French would be ideal, but not a must.
• You must be eligible to work in Switzerland or Europe
• Passionate to work in an entrepreneurial, almost start-up like environment
• Strong leadership skills that motivate the finance team to perform beyond expectations
No recruitment agencies please