R&D MAGNETIC DESIGN ENGINEER
Publication date:27 January 2023
Place of work:Zone Industrielle, 2112 Môtiers NE
ETEL is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of high performance motion control components and high-end mechatronic motion systems. Our company is based in Môtiers, Switzerland. We currently call upon a growing diversity of skills to take part in the exciting adventure of our international activity. Contribute to our growth!
R&d magnetic design engineer
We are looking for
A rigorous, structured, methodic and organized person with strong analytical thinking, systematic problem-solving skills and showing autonomy and curiosity. Ability to work independently and as part of a team with good communication skills.
We offer you
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment;
- Competitive compensation & great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company;
- A long-term commitment and the opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
- Contribute to the development, continuous improvement and maintenance of ETEL products
- Develop products respecting the concerned norms and achieving the agreed specifications
- Develop magnetic concepts within a Multiphysics environment
- Follow a design to cost optimization by exploiting existing internal processes
- Propose and analyse new solutions via calculations, simulations and/or experiments
- Select and design the components for the chosen architecture and interact with suppliers
- Guide designers and technicians with aim to solve open issues
- Define the qualification plan and design the test benches
- Validate and qualify technical solutions via experiments on new or existing products
- Drive concept and design reviews
- Write technical documentations.
- PhD or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Scientific background (electromagnetism, electronics, thermodynamics, materials science) with a strong focus on motor and actuators design
- Background in electrical motor design, motor control as asset
- Used to interface with laboratory and measure, direct self-measuring capability an asset
- Analog and digital electronics fundamentals (Filtering, Bode diagrams, shielding, FFT analysis, analog-digital conversion…) an asset
- Skilled in MATLAB. Object-oriented programming an asset. Software architecture / UML knowledge an asset. Graphical user interface (GUI) skills an asset
- Mathematical analysis and statistics skills (complex analysis, model-fitting, correlation, pareto analysis…)
- CAD skills an asset (ideally PTC CREO / Pro/ENGINEER)
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
Do you want to take up this challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application! Please complete the online form, following the link: Apply here!
No recruitment agencies please