Sanctions Compliance Officer
Publication date:02 August 2022
Place of work:rue Kazem-Radjavi 3, 1202 Genève
Who we are:
LITASCO SA (LUKOIL International Trading and Supply Company) founded in 2000 in Switzerland is the exclusive international marketing and trading company of PJSC LUKOIL Oil Company.
LITASCO SA’s mission is to maximize the value of LUKOIL’s crude oil production and refined petroleum product exports by trading, shipping, storing and hedging on all major markets.
LITASCO SA manages to ensure flexible and reliable supplies to the international assets of the LUKOIL Group.
LITASCO Group is one of the world's major traders of crude oil and refined petroleum products and deals with a vast range of suppliers and customers, including the world's major oil corporations.
With head office in Geneva, LITASCO Group has established subsidiary offices in ten countries, extending its reach around the world from the United States to Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
In 2020, the LITASCO Group traded over 1.96 barrels of crude oil per day and 1.51 million barrels of petroleum products per day.
The total volume of physical barrels handled was 3.5 million barrel per day.
Third party trading accounted for 64% of total transactions.
For more information: http://www.litasco.com/en/
Sanctions Compliance Officer
LITASCO is actively searching for Sanctions two Compliance Officers to strengthen our team in Geneva. We are looking for a permanent fulfilment of these positions. The Sanctions Compliance Officers reports to the Chief Compliance Officer. They support the wider Compliance team with advisory matters, in particular related to international trade sanctions.
- Ensure and promote compliance with applicable laws/regulations and international trade sanctions:
o Raise awareness of key legal/compliance/trade sanction issues,
o Advise Front Office on appropriate measures in connection with sanctions compliance,
o Provide guidance and advice on particular deals and transaction from a sanction point of view,
o Identify and propose solutions to mitigate legal/compliance risks, specifically, including but not limited to AML, ABC and Sanctions matters,
o Follow-up with changes in applicable laws/regulations and international trade sanctions,
o Create and maintain appropriate compliance procedures and registers.
- Provide compliance support to other departments within the group:
o Trading and Supply,
o Risk Management,
o Economics and Finance
- Participate in various ad hoc tasks and projects:
o Advisory, specifically, including but not limited to sanctions,
o Compliance audits of LITASCO SA, its subsidiaries and any of its branch offices,
o Monitoring and surveillance of trading activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience in Compliance/legal background acquired within the commodities / trade finance industry;
- Proven knowledge of trade sanctions ;
- Experience in Know your Customer/ Due Diligence processes;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Any other languages would be an asset (Russian preferred);
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Familiarity with commodity industry practices and professional standards
- Ability to perform under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Integrity and professional ethics
- A self-starter and team player, able to demonstrate good levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty