At Swarovski, where innovation meets inspiration, our people desire to explore, experience, and create. We are looking for a Data Scientist where you will get a chance to work in a rewarding role within a diverse team that is pushing boundaries. Be part of a truly iconic global brand, learn and grow with us. We’re bold and inventive, revealing astonishing things like no one else can. A world of wonder awaits you.
About the job
The Data Scientist is responsible for leveraging internal and external data by applying data science (data mining, statistics, artificial intelligence) to discover insights, generate predictions and optimize processes.
Your tasks among others will be:
- Designing and developing Advanced Analytics assets by translating business questions and requirements into actionable insights
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing to align with market state-of-the-art solutions and identify Advanced Analytics opportunities to be embedded the existing processes
- Leverage the Data Lake information and cloud infrastructure as well as the current technology landscape to design the solutions
- Developing data science products ensuring business improvements are impactful and aligned to the company objectives and strategy, including appropriate and structured documentation of the methodology and data used
- Selecting features, builds and optimizing models mainly using Machine Learning and other Advanced Analytics techniques
- Coordinating with the Innovation reference people to run pilot activities (e.g. A/B testing) needed to validate business outcomes
- Presenting results and insights to business and driving the conversation about innovation directions in the Advanced Analytics space
We are looking for a unique and amazing talent, who brings along the following:
- University degree/ Education, preferably in in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or similar
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar role within an international setting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English proficiency, presentation and communication skills
- R and/or Python, modelling & real time analytics, database languages (e.g., SQL) and Big Data frameworks
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Team orientation, and ability to work and interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Innovative and creative attitude
Swarovski unifies all parts of its organization under one spellbinding idea and brings forward a wondrous new world of crystal craftsmanship. Founded in 1895 in Austria, the company designs, manufactures and sells the world’s highest quality crystal, genuine gemstones, Swarovski Created Diamonds and zirconia, jewelry, and accessories, as well as crystal objects and home accessories. Together with its sister companies Swarovski Optik (optical devices) and Tyrolit (abrasives), Swarovski Crystal Business forms the Swarovski Group.
A responsible relationship with people and the planet has always been an integral part of Swarovski’s heritage. This manifests today in the company’s well-established sustainability agenda with youth-focused education programs and foundations to promote human empowerment and conserve natural resources to achieve positive social impact.